Buck Number Two for my 12 year old Protege This Season!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Phone calls started coming in last night around 7:30- I was thinking he just wanted to discuss some hunting strategy-no....and then the pics started coming in. The boy cashed in big during early muzzleloader season in IA with his CVA Accura, using two 50gr tripple seven pellets with a 270gr Platinum Powerbelt. This is his second in about two weeks (first buck was with his 350 Legend during youth season). Having tagged out, now he will have to work his bow skills with the does. He was hunting Sunday afternoon with his mom in the elevated blind- only her second time ever hunting-great memory for her. The 8pt is his youth season buck.

Attachments

• Eli 11pt 3 10-15-23.jpg
    Eli 11pt 3 10-15-23.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Eli 11pt 5 10-15-23.jpg
    Eli 11pt 5 10-15-23.jpg
    910.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Eli Youth Season 2023.jpg
    Eli Youth Season 2023.jpg
    620.5 KB · Views: 0
You're going to have some hefty taxidermist bills soon. lol Congrats to the young man! That 11 has some width to it. Dandy bucks, either one. What's his ambition for next year?

You're going to have some hefty taxidermist bills soon. lol Congrats to the young man! That 11 has some width to it. Dandy bucks, either one. What's his ambition for next year?
More of the same. There is always a bigger buck. He also has the goal of taking his first deer with his compound bow. That won't be a buck this year, but could definitely be a doe. Once I eventually retire, there will also be opportunities to hunt more public land in IA.

OMG WHAT MONSTERS !! Like what was mentioned I’d hate to see his Taxidermist bill, not to mention processing all that meat. It going to be real tough to beat this next year. 😁
That boy is definitely hooked now! Great job to you and his mom for spending time with him and getting him interested in hunting. 👍🏻

'a lot of hunters hunt a life time and don't score like that young man.I think the youth hunts that some states have are great.get them started early.congrats and I hope he has good luck with the bow.

Back