My Heritage and my home

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoseJavaho

Reaction score
Good morning black smoke brothers. I'm a 73 year old black powder fan just now coming back to the fold. At 15 or 16 I started with the NRA youth club of sorts down at the old army barracks in Vancouver Washington. Like all young teens of the day I wanted to fast track to getting my hunting license so my friend said why don't I take gun training with him and we can shoot 22 single shots for awards and get trained by experienced shooters. We had so much fun. Well I went on to get a hunting license and was lucky enough to go hunting a few times before I got lassoed and drafted for the Viet Nam era. My buddy went on to join the Academy and I never saw him again. 20 years later I was given a Thompson center fire and got to shoot it a few times. It was love at first boom smoke. I have had very little experience but am anxious to get going again. Later I learned of my Great Great Grandfather George Kirby Gay. Had to go to the Oregon Historical Society to read all the colorful history on him. Turns out he was one of twelve who formed the "Wolf Party" to go up against the Hudsons Bay Company and later form the state of Oregon. Now my dream passion is to build a long Pennsylvania Flintlock for fun and make some new Black Smoke with you guys. Thank you for the warm welcome, I look forward to getting to know you all.
Joe

Latest posts

Back