My Hunting Buddy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My hunting buddy, who I've been hunting with since I was a kid, was my Father and tragically I lost him on Wednesday, February 8th 2023. He taught me how to hunt and fish and we shared some great memories being in the Outdoors! I'm going to miss you Dad! RIP!
Very sorry for your loss. May the Lord bless you and yours with comfort and peace through these difficult times 🙏🏻🙏🏻

My hunting buddy, who I've been hunting with since I was a kid, was my Father and tragically I lost him on Wednesday, February 8th 2023. He taught me how to hunt and fish and we shared some great memories being in the Outdoors! I'm going to miss you Dad! RIP!
Thank God you had him! You are lucky, many never have that good a relationship that you and your dad had, and you’ll keep that forever.

My heart goes out to you sir. May your pops rest in peace

May he rest in peace. He passed on to you the passion for the outdoors we all have come to share.

So sorry to hear about your dad. Losing a parent is really tough - and particularly so when that parent was also your best buddy for some activity like hunting or fishing. I'm glad to hear that you have some great memories, and I pray that God will help you through this loss.

My dad was my best hunting and fishing buddy too. He developed dementia at 85, so I took care of him for the last 7 years of his life. Really hard to watch the Dad I knew slip away, one day at a time, but I am eternally grateful for all the great times we had together, and for the opportunity to give something back to him during those last years.

Sorry for your loss. I know how you must feel. Hope the memories of your Dad will help you find peace in his passing.

My Dad also just passed away a little more then a year ago back in Dec 2nd 2021 after 20+ years of battling with Parkinson's disease. Last 4 years of his life he also developed dementia and became bed ridden. My mother took care of him the whole time till the day he died. We live on a 100 acre farm and milk 50 cows. Farming was my Dad's passion in life. He loved doing it till he could not anymore. Taught us kids the value of hard work, determination and a good work ethic will bring you sucess in life. Will never forget his lessons.

jd24-5-48-

I’m sorry for your loss.

I lost my Dad fifteen years ago, and my Mom about eight months ago.

I still talk to both of them, though mostly Dad. Often as not, it involves a sentiment to the effect of, “You were right.” 😊

The good news is, I can speak my piece, not have to argue to defent my position… and there’s no one to call me a big dummy! 😂

jd24-5-48-

I’m sorry for your loss.

I lost my Dad fifteen years ago, and my Mom about eight months ago.

I still talk to both of them, though mostly Dad. Often as not, it involves a sentiment to the effect of, “You were right.” 😊

The good news is, I can speak my piece, not have to argue to defent my position… and there’s no one to call me a big dummy! 😂
Thanks for the condolences. I lost my mom February 18th 2013 and my Dad on February 8th 2023 just 10 days shy of being 10yrs from losing Mom. I still talk to my Mom like you say! The memories will always be with us! My Dad taught me a lot about hunting and fishing and we made some great memories in the Outdoors!

So sorry to hear about your dad. Losing a parent is really tough - and particularly so when that parent was also your best buddy for some activity like hunting or fishing. I'm glad to hear that you have some great memories, and I pray that God will help you through this loss.

My dad was my best hunting and fishing buddy too. He developed dementia at 85, so I took care of him for the last 7 years of his life. Really hard to watch the Dad I knew slip away, one day at a time, but I am eternally grateful for all the great times we had together, and for the opportunity to give something back to him during those last years.
God Bless You, you will NEVER be sorry for the kindness you gave your parents.....NEVER!

"Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may go well with you in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.
Deuteronomy 5:16

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss! Even though your father will not be with you physically, he'll be there with you spiritually. Remember all those wonderful times you shared together. Thoughts and prayers to you and you family during this difficult time. 🙏

I lost my father just over a year ago. Like you he was my hunting Pal. We got to share many hunts together, and I took him out west a few times pheasant hunting, as that was his favorite. I will always cherish those times with my Dad!

Latest posts

Back