My ML10-II Arrived

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PSM207

Reaction score
My Synthetic SS ML10-II arrived yesterday. Sure looks good. I plan on taking it to my personal range this afternoon and punching some paper. I will post my opinions later.

I've had mine for almost 2 months now and havn't snapped a cap. I like that Encore so much that I don't know if I will be keeping the Savage. I'll have to see just how well it shoots and then decide.

Ethan

Ethang said:
I've had mine for almost 2 months now and havn't snapped a cap. I like that Encore so much that I don't know if I will be keeping the Savage. I'll have to see just how well it shoots and then decide.

Ethan

The Encore is a keeper for sure. I love mine so much i'm ordering a smokeless barrel for it.

I got myself an early Christmas present. A 204 Ruger barrel for it. 8)
Had it out to the range today and it shoots great. All the drama with getting my ML barrel to shoot and this thing is shooting 3/4 inch groups at 100 while breaking in the barrel. This might become my only rifle.

Ethang said:
I got myself an early Christmas present. A 204 Ruger barrel for it. 8)
Had it out to the range today and it shoots great. All the drama with getting my ML barrel to shoot and this thing is shooting 3/4 inch groups at 100 while breaking in the barrel. This might become my only rifle.

Buy some 5744, and some 300grn XTP'S, and you will keep that Savage as well. :wink:

Ethang said:

Ethan
You let me know if you want to get rid of that Savage.I have a home for it! I am serious.

There is some vultures on this list. Geeze guys. I said I MIGHT not keep it :lol:

I have a pound of 5744 and a love for Savage rifles. This spring I will run some rounds downrange and see. If I decide to sell you guys will be the first to know.

Ethang said:
There is some vultures on this list. Geeze guys. I said I MIGHT not keep it :lol:

I have a pound of 5744 and a love for Savage rifles. This spring I will run some rounds downrange and see. If I decide to sell you guys will be the first to know.

You'll KEEP it! :wink:

dwhunter said:
Ethang said:

Darrell, your supposed to be helping me man! Merry X-Mas to you anyway! :D

Tar-12 said:
dwhunter said:
Ethang said:

Darrell, your supposed to be helping me man! Merry X-Mas to you anyway! :D

Sorry I wasn't thinking! :D

After you've tried the 10ML You'll keep it. You will be pleased :D

It has been raining, so punching paper is out. However, the weather didn't stop me from shooting some rocks in the hollow behind the house. Killed a couple of nice 10 point limestoners. I am amazed how well this rifle shoots. I am shooting Accurate 5744 with Hornady 250 gr. SST and XTP.

Did you scope it yet?
I'm thinking of putting the Nikon 4x14 that I have on my .223.
Anybody know if the mounts are the same distance apart as a model 12?
You guys are going to make me try it out soon.

I ordered the mounts and rings yesterday from Leupold. I am still researching the scope. I have used Bushnell for years and have been very pleased. I have a difficult time spending too much on optics. High dollar scopes work well, but when taking into account the human factor, I cannot justify the additional cost. Now, if I shot competition, I might consider one.

According to Gabe at Leupold, the distance between the mounts is different from the other Savage AccuTrigger rifles. I went with a 2 piece mount, which is the same mount for the front and rear.

How come the manufacture can't come up with a standard ring spacing distance for say a Weaver type mount? I know switching guns will make the mounting holes different, but why can't the actual rings mounts be the same. I went to scope my new Encore barrel. I switched from the aluminum weaver to the Warne and the rings don't line up. I had to get either a new cheap weaver mount, or move the rings on my currant Leo scope, or get new rings for my other scope. I would get a Warne mount for my ML barrel but I had the 6 screw mod done when the QLA was removed.

Don't mean to hijack this thread but if the distances are different I'm going to have the same problem with the ML10 as the Encore.

Back