My new Birthday rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWTF Lobo

Reaction score
A very good friend and outstanding up and coming gun maker made this rifle, a LH Buck's County style and gave it to me for my birthday.

.62cal rifle, 42" swamped rice barrel, beautiful wood, carving and engraving. I got a chance to shoot it this weekend and she's zeroed in with 110gr. 2FF behind a .600 prb

newgun3.jpg

newgun2.jpg

Wish I could see it. My computer doesn't like your hosting site.

WOW! You're a lucky man to get on a birthday list like that!!  Beautiful rifle.

What am I hunting with that load?, anything from deer up to bigger critters. This is a big ball and a load in excess of 100 grains in my other .62 rifle, over the years I've found to have better accuracy and range. 

Having said that In my .62 smoothbores I use 80 to 90 grains when shooting round ball with shots that are usually closer

bucksk11.jpg

buffal13.jpg

I thought everyone (experienced hunters) used one load on everything that the sights were placed on. You start changing loads - that's when you start having issues, missed shots, misfires, etc. - you workup a load that works - stay with it, period. That's what Bill Large and other old timers always preached, so don't upset the apple cart.

Buck Conner said:
I thought everyone (experienced hunters) used one load on everything that the sights were placed on. You start changing loads - that's when you start having issues, missed shots, misfires, etc. - you workup a load that works - stay with it, period. That's what Bill Large and other old timers always preached, so don't upset the apple cart.
You'd think so, but some guys have different loads for different animals. Makes no sense to me.

You are obviously a good mate to him as well,  lovely rifle and many happy returns from Down Under 
  I do love a swamped barrel, have a 44inch one on a lovely early Lancaster.40, beautiful balanced. I imaging yours will mount to the shoulder ver quick and dead on the sights !
Gordon

NWTF Lobo said:
"I reckon so"...(spit)   :tongue:
Hey watch where your doing that, Pete could of sat there :roll: ...... all of us would have heard about that one  :shock:   :roll:   :D

WOW that is incredible!!!! ....You are truly lucky to have such  a piece of art....

Hilljack

Latest posts

Back