My new Hunting rifle

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Saw this a few weeks ago at a gun store in new mexico. Always wanted one but never had the money for it at the right time. Finally had the $$ for it, made an offer and after the paper work, i walked out with this.

Mosin - Nagant M44 "1953" 7.62x54R
Nothing pretty but they seem to be a good rifle from what ive read. This has a nice short 21" barrel.

Well heres some Ok pictures. I plan on taking more once my nephew and i get it cleaned up in the morning.
000_2139.jpg

000_2140.jpg

000_2142.jpg

000_2143.jpg

000_2144.jpg

000_2145.jpg

Already found a synthetic stock, scope mount set up, trigger kit and some other odds and ends.

Once i find out how she shoots, i may sent it off the Ultra Coatings and see what they can do for a finish.

:?

Isn't that the sniper rifle that was featured in "ENEMY AT THE GATE"? You need the 4X side mounted scope now and your in business. :!: :!: :!: 8)

hawgslayer said:
:?

Isn't that the sniper rifle that was featured in "ENEMY AT THE GATE"? You need the 4X side mounted scope now and your in business. :!: :!: :!: 8)

Shoot, that scope mount/scope combo runs over $300!

The "Recoil on those short rifles in 7.62X 54 is so enjoyable.... NOT.

Chocdog

Sights are regulated for the 150 gr( light ball) ammo.Dont expect the 180's or 203's to shoot to the sights.Accuracy is generally better with the bayonet left on, besides , its a good tool to poke a critter with to make sure its dead.The sniper rifles were the M-91/30's.Anyway, AWESOME muzzleblast,energetic recoil, generally decent accuracy and as tough as a hammer.in other words more fun that a human being should be allowed to have!!!

Latest posts

Back