My New Remington 700 Stainless in .243

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franksauto

Reaction score
Just picked this up. I have been wanting a 243 for quite some time now. Wasnt sure which model to get until this one popped up in the classifieds. It was in the box with papers. If the guy didnt tell me it was used I would swear it was brand new. He bought it just a few months back (I checked on the date of mfg). He only fired 130 rounds through it. He gave me the 6 and a half boxes of spent Remington brass that he fired out of it and a half box of left over live .243 rounds. Also came with a BSA 6-24X40 mounted on it.
Anyway its a stainless/synthetic 700 ADL with a 1 in 9.25" twist. It has a jeweled bolt and X-Mark adjustable trigger. I stripped off the BSA and mounted a Bushnell Elite 3200 (love these scopes) 3-10x40 short action scope on it and it fits perfect! Cant wait to see how she shoots. Knowing I would eventually pick up a .243, over the years I have been collecting once fired brass, bought several different brand/weight bullets and picked up a RCBS fl, neck and seat 3 die set. I have powder and primers. Now I just need to get down my work shop and put some rounds together.
I'll let you guys know how she shoots.

rem_2410.jpg

Awesome! I'm sure you will love it! I bought a 243 a couple years back and it is by far my favorite cal thus far that i have owned. Just picked up a savage trophy hunter xp in 243 and so far i really like it. Happy shooting........

I'm glad you got a 700 instead of that new piece of crap they are pushing (710??). The 700 is my favorite bolt-action.

Fine gun and great caliber I've killed several mule dear with a 100gr bullet even out to 400yrds I wish I could find one in an rem 722

pilsbury38 said:
Awesome! I'm sure you will love it! I bought a 243 a couple years back and it is by far my favorite cal thus far that i have owned. Just picked up a savage trophy hunter xp in 243 and so far i really like it. Happy shooting........
 Yea thats the other model I was looking at. They are priced so good I'm surprised I didnt. I could have picked up a brand new stainless with Nikon scope for just over five bills. About $50 less in matte black. Both had accu trigger and jeweled bolt.

Yep thats the one i got except not stainless but with the nikon scope. I traded my tc venture in on it because the tc was recalled for the second time in a year and a half and i was done. Lol my gun shop took the tc on trade and i got the savage for $75 out of my pocket! I thought it was a great deal. However i did put my elite 3200 on it only because i like it better. People around me call the 243 a kids or womens gun.........i dont care i love it. Does e verything i want it to and it is a joy to shoot

Oooooooo No! They are not. They are the perfect varmint gun. Try shooting a coyote with a 300 WSM! All that will be left is hair and snot!
I love the Bushnell Elite 3200 scopes. I have 8 of them now. I cant believe they discontinued them! I actually have one listed here for sale. If it were matte black I would keep it.

Mine is matte with the firefly crosshairs, i took a whitetail through the shoulder with mine last year and it went down with no problems been tryin to find a yote with it but so far no luck. When i finally draw a bear tag i plan to use it as well. Thats what i love about it one gun for anything i can hunt in michigan.

Latest posts

Back