My New Stainless Remington 700 in .243

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franksauto

Reaction score
Just picked this up. I have been wanting a 243 for quite some time now. Wasnt sure which model to get until this one popped up in the classifieds. It was in the box with papers. If the guy didnt tell me it was used I would swear it was brand new. He bought it just a few months back (I checked on the date of mfg). He only fired 130 rounds through it. He gave me the 6 and a half boxes of spent Remington brass that he fired out of it and a half box of left over live .243 rounds. Also came with a BSA 6-24X40 mounted on it.
Anyway its a stainless/synthetic 700 ADL with a 1 in 9.25" twist. It has a jeweled bolt and X-Mark adjustable trigger. I stripped off the BSA and mounted a Bushnell Elite 3200 (love these scopes) 3-10x40 short action scope on it and it fits perfect! Cant wait to see how she shoots. Knowing I would eventually pick up a .243, over the years I have been collecting once fired brass, bought several different brand/weight bullets and picked up a RCBS fl, neck and seat 3 die set. I have powder and primers. Now I just need to get down my work shop and put some rounds together.
I'll let you guys know how she shoots.

I have a friend that has a son who hunts with that exact model of rifle. I once watched him knock a white tail down at close to 400 yards from a rest position. Excellent deer caliber, excellent rifle, just a nice rifle.

That looks like a beauty!! I bet it shoots as nice as it looks.

Dave I bought one of these a few months ago in .223 SPS model and it shoots like crazy. This one has the light contour barrel but hopefully it will shoot as good.

We are shotgun only for deer here in MA but I cant wait to put the smack down on some coyotes.

.243 cal. is a dream to shoot ,no recoil and a wide choice of bullets ..Winchester power-point [100gr.] bullets are cheap and very accurate in my T-C ENCORE barrel ..but in a hunting situation i use the Barnes vor-tx 80gr bullet.

black powder said:
.243 cal. is a dream to shoot ,no recoil and a wide choice of bullets ..Winchester power-point [100gr.] bullets are cheap and very accurate in my T-C ENCORE barrel ..but in a hunting situation i use the Barnes vor-tx 80gr bullet.
I just picked up a box of Barnes TTSX in 80gr. Cant wait to try them out.

Latest posts

Back