my wife got her dna test back.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strong eagle

Reaction score
she is 1/2 viking like i am. has about the same amount of french blood as i but the rest is from all over the place. much more varied than my dna. her dads family tree really got around. she had listed about 400 relatives from around the world she is related to that have done the same test. i have about 1000 relatives from around the world that have done the test im related to. the ones that are from the united states show some native american blood in my dna. none in hers. it is the french candian blood that has the native american blood that is apart of my family tree. i have a lot of hungarian  southern polish blood my wife doesnt have. it is very possible my wife and i are related way back on our nordic side. many family names are the same. this post wont be interesting to those who do not care about family tree, but to those who do i encourage you to take the test. you can fine tune who you are. we had fun at our house with it.

Thanks Strong Eagle.

Recently had my DNA ran i'm 100 percent European. Switzerland and Germany 59 percent, British and Irish 27 percent, broadly NW European 10 percent. There's a smattering of Iberian and Scandinavian.

Many years ago i got involved in family history and genealogy. The family whose name i bear came from Ketelshagen, Island Rugen, formerly Denmark. Island Rugen is now part of Germany.

Some in my family, including myself, have an inherited condition called Dupuytren's contracture that is rather common to families from northern Europe. The fingers and hands become crooked and contracted. At almost 80 years old my right hand is becoming a claw. When he passed away at age 96, my uncle could hardly hold a coffee cup.

north western europe blood is mosty normandy france and a little east of their. iberian is spanish and spain. thanks for your input. many find this interesting but some dont want to know or dont care. i think out ancestry can affect our health as you stated but also how we react to stiuations and life about us.

My daughter made me spit in the tube and now I find out that I'm almost 1/4th Lithuanian along with Scottish, Irish, Swedish and Norwegian. 
My grandmother said her maiden name was Doyle. It turns out it was really Rastkauskis. Quite a difference. My brother thought he was 1/2 Irish even went to Ireland 6 or 8 times. I guess he'll have to go to Lithuania from now on.  :lol:

Great! Now the can trace you to any unsolved crimes/murders :tongue:

German/Polish, good enough for me without giving my spit away for them to keep on file.

I sent in my mother's dna several years ago; she has died since.  I'm still getting names of relatives posted on her match.  ALL of them are from either Norway, Sweden or Finland.  Who'd have thought?

My own DNA showed me to be about 60% English - father's side gave me that.  About 1/5th Scandinavian with the remaining 20% divided among some others.  5% was Neanderthal.  I'll need to ask for a more detailed analysis in order for my Klingon dna to show up.

Hey Roger, the wife and I just die 23 and Me like you said, we are waiting on the results, what we got each other for Christmas! I know I have some strong German on my dads side, and scotch, irish, dutch and Cherokee on my mothers side, in othe words I am a Mutt! LOL!

Hey Roger, the wife and I just die 23 and Me like you said, we are waiting on the results, what we got each other for Christmas! I know I have some strong German on my dads side, and scotch, irish, dutch and Cherokee on my mothers side, in othe words I am a Mutt! LOL!

sam, this is what most people find out, it is way different than family history passes down. im very excited to find out what you and your wife are.my wife found she had a black african ancester that was about 2000 years ago. those norwiegens  sure got around as it was on her nordic side. i my self came up with native american blood as well as mongol asian blood. we always thought we had a lot of german blood but i have none at all. sam let me know you twos result when you get them back.

Eastern European DNA for me.  Slovakia, Poland and Lithuania.

my mothers family always said they were german and french and native. they were right about the french and native but not about the german. have no german blood at all what was thought to be german was what you are east european. very hardy strong people. my grandmother didnt start turning grey in her hair until she was 75 years old. lived to be almost 100 years old. her brothers lived to 100 or more, they were big strong men all their lives and they were 100 percent east european. thanks for your input.

strong eagle said:
my mothers family always said they were german and french and native. they were right about the french and native but not about the german. have no german blood at all what was thought to be german was what you are east european. very hardy strong people. my grandmother didnt start turning grey in her hair until she was 75 years old. lived to be almost 100 years old. her brothers lived to 100 or more, they were big strong men all their lives and they were 100 percent east european. thanks for your input.
You are right-on strong eagle on longevity with Eastern Europeans.  My grandmother lived to be 101.

This is why I have ALWAYS admired the United States!!!
  everyone is  AMERICAN, with this and that mixed in !!!!!!!

up here,north of the 49th. , seems  over the last 40 years or so everyone is  from somewhere else and  just LIVES in CANADA.
 I won't go off on a rant on this subject.

i agree about being mixed. it makes us american different than most of the rest of the world. we are very mixed.

Now we can change his name from 'strong eagle' to "Eric the Eagle" and now he can use the term 'uffda' (**** happens) in Norwegian.   :)

Strong Eagle and myself have fun hitting each other from time to time, he's the kind of guy that can take it or push back like I'm sure he may do, right bud. He has helped a lot of the members here with his knowledge on health, we thank you.

you have no idea how many times i have heard the word uffta when i was growing up. their is another word a lot of rural n. dakota people use also. hola. it isnt spanish it is cree. it means a triple wow, the biggest wow you can muster. also the old timers when i was young said a lot of ya sure you betcha. i was raised to the second grade in a norwegian county. when we went to town once a week only norwegian was spoke on the street. i want to tell you about us 5 little boys who run around that norwegian town when we were little. they were all norwegian but me. i was the dark one. im abot 1/2 and the other have makes me look different. their again were 5 of us. one grew up to be mayor of fargo n.dak. one grew up and become a war hero big time. after he recovered from all his wounds he bocome a aide in the white house untill the second george bush and then he retired. the 3rd was my cousin and he become a very good rancher and still helps out his two sons on the ranch. i become a registered nurse. and the fifth did nothing. married a women who took care of him all his life and he never held a job or turned a lick. 4 out of 5 isnt bad. we ate norwegian breakfasts dinners and suppers. ate a lot of sour cream and dried cod. still like them. over the years ive learned a lot of norwegian, some cree, some sioux, and amd still learning french and getting pretty good at it. or pretty goot as a old norwegiasn would say. how many norwegians does it take to change a overhead light bulb. 4, one to hold the bulb and 4 to turn him. i have a lot of norwegian jokes, they laugh at them selves a lot. swedes are thin skinned, finns are the toughest people on the face of the earth and norwegians are very tolerant and tough if the situation call for it. my late uncle told me once, i can assure you roger their is no swede blood in our family. anyother kind of blood was ok but swede wasnt. it was funny about that his wife, my aunt was 1/2 swede and 1/2 finn. well off to the gym, got to keep the blood moving about my body.

I hear you had a couple of very good friends, both from Norway and spoke the Dano-[font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]Norwegian[/font] koiné language when they wanted to say something that you were not to know about. Like you say, they were fair skinned and blondes (my only relief was "blondes jokes") which would get them going. We did everything together for over 50 years, one died from cigars a few years ago (cancer) the other has serious medical problems. I keep in touch with him once a week as he's on a walker and carrying an oxygen bottle, sad deal and still young at 60. He lives in eastern Colorado alone so other than calling him we can't help him like we would like too.

Back