my wife got her dna test back.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks buck for your input. want to post a saying my norwegian grand father taught me. 10,000 swedes went through the weeds in the battle of copenhagen. 10,000 swedes went through the weeds chased by one wild and mad norwegian. i can remember my norwegian grandfather saying when my little sister as a todler walked by mom, thrix in the booksa. which means **** in the diaper. change it. he had one arm and a stub on the other . lost that arm im a corn picker. he had a hook on that arm. when he had a few beers at the local pub, any one who got smart with him got the hook in the face. they left him alone. he would drive fast and had many a close calls with the car he drove. he would always say, never mind a miss of a inch is as good as a mile. he never used credit and always paid cash. drove a new ford every year back in the old days. he was quite a man until the cancer got him. my grandmother was a red haired saami norwigian which is the asian slat eyed northern people. asian and viking mix. they lived in tepees like the sioux. and are related to them. they are a short slant eyed people with red and blond hair. tough as nails and can survive most anys where better than most. my grand father is closely related to james arness of the gun smoke fame. james and i  great grand fathers were cousins. the name was urness, james change his name to arness for holly wood pr. my great grand father changed his name to johnson fo reasons i dont know. james was a lot more nordic looking than i ever was. hes tall, im short and olive skinned. we are kin though.

strong eagle we all have great family stories to remember, the problem is most don't put down what they know. Once another relation tries to tell what you know as correct gets enhanced. That old relation that was a "chamber maid" in the 1700's has now been referred to as a "Queen" in her native land. If the truth was know she may have cleaned up after a Queen.

I have found so much crap that my mother and her mother wrote that's 'word of mouth' which is a fairy tale without documentation. I told them that and they just look at me like "what the hell is he talking about".  I really would get upset with these two when still alive and other family members with like tales.

Bottom line - put everything down you know, then do some research to prove what you wrote, family Bibles, journals, tax records, deeds and so on are good resources. Don't put it off, down the road your family will thank you for your efforts.

i did that with the help of my second cousin. we went back to normandy france and a church perish. also on the hungarian side we went back to the name of therchen. which is a very common name of that country. as to the native american blood it is french canadian and french and of the cree tribe. the norwegian is both south norwegian and sammi of the northern part. i also have asian blood from attilia the hun what was a a west korean mongol. that is where my b positive blood come in to me. i am really mixed as most americans are and that is who we are and proud of it. my wife is finn swede and norwegian, french and german, spanish jew and italian. WOW, what a mixture. she looks more swede that anything else. she has the temperment of a stiff necked swede. she has a minor in music and can play jesus loves me like motzart would, that come from her french german blood. she is the decendant from the first assistant to the first composer to kathryn the great of russia. when she got out of college they wanted to be a proffesional piano person but she chose medicine. if you should attend our methodist church when she is at the piano you would understand how professional she is at that. i still cant believe how she can do what she can do at the key board but she does it sunday after sunday. i have never ever heard any one who can play the piano like she can. it would make you cry with happiness. as for me, i can only do like grandpa jones on the 5 string banjo. sure makes the grandchildren dance. makes me happy also.

My dna is about 60% Brit with 20% Scandinavian.  I don't know much at all about my ancestry.  My wife is a geneologist but has not spent as much time on my ancesters except enough to find they came to Viginia in the 1700s.  I'm still studing conversational English.  :study: 

I'm pretty sure I'm not decended from anyone famous or a historical figure; just those that got hanged for witches and poaching.

in the eastern n.dak my polish hungarian cousins did a lot of bad deeds. theft and sexual felonys. cant deny it, some were very bad ass holes. we all have good cousins and bad cousins. life gives us roads to go on, we can make good or bad roads, some of my kin went on bad roads. most chose good roads. i have one daughter who left the family and wont connect with the rest of us. 2 of her kids, my grandsons who i know nothing about have had law problems. i have no idea who they are or even their names. it is the way life is. i figure 6 kids out of 7 turned out very very good is a good average. i dont even know the names of her kids or who they are but the track record her family is unknown to me. she remained close to her mother who has many problems and went for the money in many men. her mother ended up with a very rich guy whose mind went south and now she complains that the unit he is in is taking all the money she got out of him. my daughter put her saddle on the wrong horse. if she ever comes to me i wont say anything but i love you. again 6 out 7 children isnt bad.

We did the DNA using three different sources and found slightly different results. That being said the results were a small margin of difference on percentages for both of us.

img4.jpg
img2.gif

research.jpg

you have native american blood also. the northwestern europe is most likely normanday france.the only place you and i differ is the rest for me is norwegian and for you scottish and irish, other wise we are very much the same. thanks, i always enjoy this sort of thing, dont know why, i just do.

I mentioned "Ancestry.com" and how records have gotten changed, my wife will input family information and then someone changes it. This business has an office building about 2 miles from us and we know several people that work there. We were told when the LDS Church sold this business to the Germany firm the policies on people's input changed, no longer guarded or over seen like before. The wife finds that someone will get on the wrong family ties and input a bunch of things that are not related to her family, then is it hell to get this wrong information removed.

My wife is a geneologist and has two books to her credit.  She's very smart (was in "Who's Who in American colleges & Universities) and is relentless in her research.  She's done good work so far in translating the dna results into family trees.  Ah, but so much more work is to be done, mainly my side.

strong eagle said:
you have native american blood also. the northwestern europe is most likely normanday france.the only place you and i differ is the rest for me is norwegian and for you scottish and irish, other wise we are very much the same. thanks, i always enjoy this sort of thing, dont know why, i just do.
Don't screw with me or I'll scalp you .....  :lol!:​

Hanshi said:
My wife is a geneologist and has two books to her credit.  She's very smart (was in "Who's Who in American colleges & Universities) and is relentless in her research.  She's done good work so far in translating the dna results into family trees.  Ah, but so much more work is to be done, mainly my side.
I took a Semester load of Genetics in college.  It was one of the most interesting courses I ever took.  
Your side for sure.  Looks like you have some klingon in you  :lol:

Surprisingly, I was also part basset hound; which is great since I dearly love bassets.  We've owned a petite basset griffon, Shorty, and Micky, my precious basset mix.  I am passionate about dogs and I like cats a lot as well.  Maybe it has something to do with me being born in the year of the dog.  Klingon, yes; my great grandfather was allegedly a Klingon General.  :bounce:

Marty it depends on who's looking or which end your talking about.  Klingon or Ding Dong /ˈdiNGdôNG/ native tongue ????  :roll:   :affraid:

Back