Need Quick Suggestionsssss!!!!hurry!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spitpatch

Reaction score
I found out I have someone coming to my range on Saturday.

He will be bringing a new Remington Genesis....

I need load suggestions based upon proven range results. No speculation please.

Give me your best load recommendations for this rifle. It would be greatly appreciated.

I have a large inventory of bullets but NO CONICALS so keep it sabots.

I thank you all in advance for your immediate consideration of my most urgent dilemma.

Spit

Spit

out of my Gen. I shoot a 240gr .452 XTP or 240gr XTP Mag with 2 777 Pellets 1" to 1.25 " shot groups @ 80 yds Very Consistant groups Shot to Shot .

Spitpatch

Went back threw my logs and found that the 250gr SW reg sabout with 2 777 pellets also shot a 1" group also.

I have shot different Conicals also NOT GOOD !!!

Ron

Hay Spit

What did you guys find for his REM. GENI. or did you find anything ?

Ron

The sad fact of the matter was that it was hard to find anything it liked.
We started with 100gr. Pyrodex Select ffg. and after trying 250 Shockwaves, 300 Shockwaves, 245 Barnes Spitfires, 325 Buffalo Sabots, 200 Shockwaves, 250 gr. .452 XTP's w/Bl.MMP, and 240 gr. .44cal.XTP w/green sabot. We settled on the latter. Best accuracy was achieved with 90 gr. of powder and Remington Clean bores spit patching between shots...1" c t c @ 70 yards and 1-1/2" @ 100.

About every 10 rounds the breech would freeze and refuse to open. Breakfree was the remedy each time.

My little brothers newly purchased Elite ( thankyou, TOO TALL), went .625"CTC @ 100 yards over and over again with 200gr. Shockwaves over 120 gr. 777ffg lit by Remington Cleanbores. At 150 it was doing 1-1/4"!
Just AWESOME.

We had 6 guys shooting and having a good time most of the day.

Sounds like you guys had a great time and some awsome shooting also
It's great to just get out for some range time after a long season !!!

The sad fact of the matter was that it was hard to find anything it liked.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear! :D

My little brothers newly purchased Elite ( thankyou, TOO TALL), went .625"CTC @ 100 yards over and over again with 200gr. Shockwaves over 120 gr. 777ffg lit by Remington Cleanbores. At 150 it was doing 1-1/4"!
Just AWESOME

Really no surprise is it? Probably the best shooting Triple Se7en gun of all time!

Latest posts

Back