Never seez

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TREELIZARD

Reaction score
hey guys haven't shot the new savage yet i'm still waiting for the scope mounts and rings to come in, but i just got the Randy Wakeman vent liners and was wondering how much never seez to put on the breech plug and vent liner threads. also after how many shots should i replace randys ventliners? i will be shooting accurate 5744.

TREELIZARD said:
hey guys haven't shot the new savage yet i'm still waiting for the scope mounts and rings to come in, but i just got the Randy Wakeman vent liners and was wondering how much never seez to put on the breech plug and vent liner threads. also after how many shots should i replace randys ventliners? i will be shooting accurate 5744.
Sounds like you are about ready to roll!Cover the threads with a liberal amount,as to RWs vent liners,some one else will have to answer that one.I think it is 500 shots.I am still working on the old style,in which I changed out every 200-300 shots.Which equates to 1lb. of Accurate Arms 5744, approx. I never go over.

Be sure to take a q-tip and run some anti-seize in the end of the breech plug threads where the vent liner screws into because just greasing the vent liner only can cause the tip to be dry by the time you get it screwed in. :wink:

dwhunter said:
Be sure to take a q-tip and run some anti-seize in the end of the breech plug threads where the vent liner screws into because just greasing the vent liner only can cause the tip to be dry by the time you get it screwed in. :wink:
Good point Darrel,and that one can be very important! I had a close call on that subject!

Tar-12 said:
dwhunter said:
Good point Darrel,and that one can be very important! I had a close call on that subject!

I learned this one the hard way. Let's face it I think your twice or more likely to freeze a vent liner than a breech plug not that any less attention should be shown with it either.

thanks for the replies, i would have never thought about putting the anti -seize on the breech plug where the vent liner screws in to it. thanks for the tip :D

Latest posts

Back