New .45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
bigone.jpg

Specifics:
Blue 10ml II w/ Accu-trigger
26? .45 Super-Match Pac-Nor
Bell and Carlson DuraMaxx
SSS recoil lug
RB recessed plug
Warne QD rings and bases
Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x42

firstseven.jpg

I?ve had this put together since mid-summer but finally got around to shooting it on Sunday, and Oct. 4th. On the 4th I fired 3 shots at 40 yards to get it on paper, these shots are not shown. Initial load was 56 grains H4198, blue harvester, 200 Shockwaves with CCI mag primers. The above target shows the next 7 shots at 100 yards last Saturday. Top group of 4 shots was the same except I used 60 grains H4198. Then adjusted scope and shot the three shot group using 61 grains H4198.
targetoverview.jpg

This Sunday I went to the range again and shot two more groups, one at 100 yards (diamond target) and one at 200 yards (orange circle). Charge was bumped up to 62 grains H4198. This thing can really shoot well. I know the 200 yard group can be improved. It was getting a little dark and I was having a hard time finding the orange dot. To say I?m pleased would be an understatement. Less than 20 shots and she would be ready to go? but I?m hoping the 195 Barnes will shoot lights out as well. If I have a choice I like a bullet that will go in and out regardless of what it encounters. If the Barnes doesn?t shoot well at all, I?ll stick with the Shockwaves and not look back. The following pics are just some close shots of the targets from Sunday.
100.jpg

100a.jpg

200.jpg

Nice looking setup you have there. I am waiting for my pac-nor 45 to get finished up. They are finishing my barrel. Should be any time now. I have a savage stainless laminated but Im starting from scratch with this gun on a target savage action going in an HS precision stock.

Latest posts

Back