New Arrival

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked up my new rifle last friday. After selling off 5 guns that were sitting in my gun safe collecting dust,and adding a little cash I bought this Ultimate Firearms Black Widow. For a scope, I topped it off with a Leupold VX Vl in a 3x18x44 cds w/ side focus and a lighted Boone and Crockett reticle, held on w/ Leupold rings and bases. This rifle comes in .50 cal. only. It took 8 rounds to zero the rifle at 200 yrds, and if it ever warms up I'll get out and try it at longer ranges. will post results.

That is one fine looking set up. I would think anything is in a lot of trouble coming around you with that thing loaded.

fishhawk2700

That is one nice looking rifle... hope the holes (ports) muzzle break does not fill up with material on you... have heard they do from other users...

fishhawk2700,

Those rifles are awesome, and yours is no exception. I remember the first time I seen one of them around 15 years ago. They have many choices now, compared to back then. What load were/are you shooting?

sabotloader,

They don't all have muzzle brakes, that is an optional item. I haven't heard of any problems with them, however I am not a fan of porting. Might have to make an exception with some of the loads they shoot though. :shock:

Just reading up on your new rifle....looks like an excellent one! A bit out of my price range though... Good luck with it, and be sure and post your results..

sabotloader said:
fishhawk2700

That is one nice looking rifle... hope the holes (ports) muzzle break does not fill up with material on you... have heard they do from other users...

This rifle fires a load at 190gr. of T7 pellets,(3 T7 62.5 gr pellets)and with the ignition system design it burns ALL the powder in the first 9 inches of the barrel. That leaves not much coming out of the barrel. You would have to shoot a LOT of rounds to see any build up, and if it did build up a little, the brake is removable. You just unscrew it, soake it in a recomended solvent, wipe it off and replace it. THese guns are so well machined you can't even see the where the brake and the barrel meet.

fishhawk2700 said:
sabotloader said:
fishhawk2700

This rifle fires a load at 190gr. of T7 pellets,(3 T7 62.5 gr pellets)and with the ignition system design it burns ALL the powder in the first 9 inches of the barrel. That leaves not much coming out of the barrel. You would have to shoot a LOT of rounds to see any build up, and if it did build up a little, the brake is removable. You just unscrew it, soake it in a recomended solvent, wipe it off and replace it. THese guns are so well machined you can't even see the where the brake and the barrel meet.

The fact that you can remove the break is great - that will make life a lot easier...

Busta said:
fishhawk2700,

Those rifles are awesome, and yours is no exception. I remember the first time I seen one of them around 15 years ago. They have many choices now, compared to back then. What load were/are you shooting?

sabotloader,

They don't all have muzzle brakes, that is an optional item. I haven't heard of any problems with them, however I am not a fan of porting. Might have to make an exception with some of the loads they shoot though. :shock:

The recommended load is 3 T7 mag (63.5 gr.)pellets with a 300 gr. Whitetail Medicine bullet. This bullet is from the builder, but it looks like a shock wave. I'll have to figure it out. The rifle kicks about like a 12 ga. slug. It would be hard on you w/o the brake, but shootable.

Congrats, ive heard of a few people using big loads of BH209 in the Ultimates with good results too.

GM54-120 said:
Congrats, ive heard of a few people using big loads of BH209 in the Ultimates with good results too.

IMO I wouldn't use bh 209. You cant pull the bp on these rifles,and if you ran into the carbon build up problem in the flash chanel, you would be SOL. With a T7 mag 3 pellet load, and a 300 gr. bullet , you get 2350 fps and 3440 ft-lbs at the barrel. It carries over 700 ft-lbs out to 500 yrds. These rifles burn the charge so completely that theirs no crud ring or hardly any fouling in the barrel. Three or four patches and its clean.

Checkout Parkers Facebook page. They have a couple Ultimate groups with his new bullets using pellets and a couple with big loads of BH209. Ive heard they don't recommend loose powder but ive never seen a good pic of their plug design or "no plug" design. :D Ive seen the video of them loading the 45 mag brass. Most builds like that ive seen use a shortened case based on a Win 308 just because its a common head.

GM54-120 said:
Checkout Parkers Facebook page. They have a couple Ultimate groups with his new bullets using pellets and a couple with big loads of BH209. Ive heard they don't recommend loose powder but ive never seen a good pic of their plug design or "no plug" design. :D Ive seen the video of them loading the 45 mag brass. Most builds like that ive seen use a shortened case based on a Win 308 just because its a common head.

I found parker's Facebook page but not the pics. U.F. offers loose powder load data for people in states where pellets are illegal. As far as pics or schematics of their bp, I've not seen them myself, and own one. When I asked for specific specs in real numbers, i didn't get much info. I think they like to keep things double secret/hush,hush. :roll:

fishhawk2700 said:
GM54-120 said:

I found parker's Facebook page but not the pics. U.F. offers loose powder load data for people in states where pellets are illegal. As far as pics or schematics of their bp, I've not seen them myself, and own one. When I asked for specific specs in real numbers, i didn't get much info. I think they like to keep things double secret/hush,hush. :roll:

Not a secret, I have seen the breech plug several times. If you see them at a show, they will have one with them and a cut-away brass case so you can see exactly how it works. It is threaded, but it has no provision for a wrench. They install it when it is assembled, and must use a special type of tool to do it.

Back