New BBL..What am I Seeing??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

25PRC

Far North Hunter
Supporting member
Reaction score
For the purpose of focusing on the bbl, the manufacturer will remain unknown. My question, this a new unfired bbl. I just cleaned it and was going to head out to sight it in. What the heck, let’s bore scope it and see if it is clean.
Having scoped many center fire bbls I was shocked at what I was seeing. Being fairly new to newer muzzle firearms, is this acceptable for use? Any comments on what you see?IMG_3410.jpegIMG_3407.jpegIMG_3408.jpegIMG_3406.jpegIMG_3409.jpeg

For the purpose of focusing on the bbl, the manufacturer will remain unknown. My question, this a new unfired bbl. I just cleaned it and was going to head out to sight it in. What the heck, let’s bore scope it and see if it is clean.
Having scoped many center fire bbls I was shocked at what I was seeing. Being fairly new to newer muzzle firearms, is this acceptable for use? Any comments on what you see?View attachment 36901View attachment 36902View attachment 36903View attachment 36904View attachment 36905
Junk
I would send it back

The OP sent me a PM about posting pics of his barrel and I asked him not to name the company and referenced this MML rule:

Brand Bashing and generally argumentative posts will not be tolerated. Legitimate posts regarding problems that you have experienced with a particular piece of equipment or service will be allowed. However, posts that are directly bashing a product or manufacturer are not allowed on ModernMuzzleloader.com.

Having scoped many center fire bbls I was shocked at what I was seeing. Being fairly new to newer muzzle firearms, is this acceptable for use? Any comments on what you see?View attachment 36901View attachment 36902View attachment 36903View attachment 36904View attachment 36905
Button rifled with a very worn out button. No need to name the manufacturer...we all know who made this turd.

Woodman Arms Patriot
That would certainly be a smart investment for even the beginner. Imagine it....T7 or BH to learn, then smokeless to get through the rest of one's. One gun. Do all. And made the way one wants it made from the get-go. Its just darned hard to imagine anything even remotely better.

Latest posts

Back