New Custom BACO GG Mold

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m glad I could influence someone. Most times people just ignore me! :D It’s amazing when I was working for Corporate America I had people working for me, managed projects etc etc. But somewhere on my 2hr trip home and the time I walked through the door I became a babbling idiot????? :(:D

I’m glad I could influence someone. Most times people just ignore me! :D It’s amazing when I was working for Corporate America I had people working for me, managed projects etc etc. But somewhere on my 2hr trip home and the time I walked through the door I became a babbling idiot????? :(:D

575bUvO.jpg

You are one of the “Good Ole Boy’s” Ed :lewis:

My Name Is Lewis and I have a MOLD Problem...:D.

The first Step to Recovery is admitting you have a Problem, I’m not in the 1st step of Recovery yet :D

Here’s some GOOD NEWS, Tom ALREADY Has Both of my Molds done and in the Mail, GEEZ!! Talk about LIGHTNING Fast!! I can’t say enough Good about Accurate Bullet Molds :lewis: I have never Spoke to Tom, only through email, He is QUICK to respond, Will help you with any Questions you might have? He Cuts an AWESOME Bullet Mold, is Very Reasonably Priced, And he is FAST! I HIGHLY RECOMMENDED Accurate Molds :lewis:

He sure does good work. I'm really liking that new 45 design you got going, I will probably order one of those for my 45 LRH. I will also copy your newest 50 design, with slight mods. .505 to fit my whites. I will order a .504 sizing die from lee and give it one of your special interior polishing for exact fit...mine do best at .5045ish.

He sure does good work. I'm really liking that new 45 design you got going, I will probably order one of those for my 45 LRH. I will also copy your newest 50 design, with slight mods. .505 to fit my whites. I will order a .504 sizing die from lee and give it one of your special interior polishing for exact fit...mine do best at .5045ish.

I will send you Some of the .45s to Try :lewis: My Original Bullshop Bullet Should be IDEAL in Your Whites? .504 Bottom 2 Bands, 3rd Band is .506, and Top Band is .507, if Cast of Pure Lead they would go Right down, 1-40 would get Fairly stiff, but stil VERY Doable, They would make an Excellent “Stay put” on the Powder Hunting Bullet :lewis: Of Course a Guy could always Size this Bullet as well

Late reading this...
The 540 elliptical is the bullet Jason D and I designed for the Knight 500 - the one they offered with the rifle as they did not want a Paper Patch bullet for the public to figure out..

The BACO mold block are the same as Paul Jones (The best bubble maker ever), I too do not care for the pivot to be in the center - I prefer on the edge for more leverage.

A few years ago I had Tom make these for me.
GC was over groove diameter as I pre-rifled them thru a piece of bbl. The other is the same bullet bore diameter and w/o GC. They shot OK, nothing great..
If anyone wants them to cast a few - let me know.
DC824034-3B79-411C-9044-6328D1096E61.jpeg

Late reading this...
The 540 elliptical is the bullet Jason D and I designed for the Knight 500 - the one they offered with the rifle as they did not want a Paper Patch bullet for the public to figure out..

The BACO mold block are the same as Paul Jones (The best bubble maker ever), I too do not care for the pivot to be in the center - I prefer on the edge for more leverage.

A few years ago I had Tom make these for me.
GC was over groove diameter as I pre-rifled them thru a piece of bbl. The other is the same bullet bore diameter and w/o GC. They shot OK, nothing great..
If anyone wants them to cast a few - let me know.
View attachment 6204

I was pretty sure I remembered you telling me about the Elliptical WAY Back on here, when i FIRST got my Big 540 BACO Mold. It’s a DARN GOOD Bullet, one of my Favorites! It makes GOOD Sense that Knight Chose a GG instead of PP, Paper Patch can be AWESOME, i enjoy EVERY second of tinkering with them, But they require notably more tinkering than a GG, Paper Patch is definitely not for Everyone.

Those are REALLY Good Looking Bullets Rick, 430ish Grains Pure Lead?

Those would be fun to play around with. Always kinda wondered if a gas check ML bullet could be made. I know Doc had some. Need to figure out how to put a GC that is .450 on a larger OD bullet. A .451 would work for some but a .450 would work for pretty much all 45cal bores. At least to keep the flame off the base. I think i can get that one to load at .451 in my bore.....maybe.

Those would be fun to play around with. Always kinda wondered if a gas check ML bullet could be made. I know Doc had some. Need to figure out how to put a GC that is .450 on a larger OD bullet. A .451 would work for some but a .450 would work for pretty much all 45cal bores. At least to keep the flame off the base. I think i can get that one to load at .451 in my bore.....maybe.

If the fit was right, I would think a GC Would Be Superior to an OP Wad? Rick definitely had something in mind when he had that Mold Cut :)

Hey Rick, Can a Gas Checked Bullet be used in Competition? My uneducated guess is NO

Thought I had some cast, but could only find a few on my bench.
I recall after making the GC bullet, I told Tom to give me the same bullet w/o and 0.452”- he deleted the GC and told me to note the diameter I wanted.
This non-GC measures 0.452-3 cast of pure lead.
57F72F74-ABC3-4821-B97B-18BEF124ED9D.jpeg

I casted the GC both pure and hard, then sized.
This is the only one I found.
5F30ED40-D67B-4148-B4A8-1EB21557F0FE.jpeg

No problem in competition.

If it still works use it. I use to use this pot https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/0000690947/pro-4-20lb-melter-110-volt and I'm sure it is the one that Lew uses. Lew will chime in as to what he does with his pot. I now use this pot as I cast with a Ladle, https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/0000690949/magnum-melter-110-volt but Lew has casting down to a science with the one I posted that is like yours but bigger.
I've had it since dad passed in "91" and never used it. Only thing I'd use it for is melting down PB into fishing sinkers. LOL

fishing sinkers.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Lewis...……… are these things any good? I have one my dad used back in the 80's.

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/0000690009/production-pot-iv-110-volt

I think they are VERY Good :lewis: That little 10 pound Pot will pour just like my Lee 4-20, it's just half the Size. To pour BIG LEAD with these Bottom Pour Pots, you need to Open the Spout just a little Bit, 3/32" which is a little to much, But you can Fine Tune adjust with the Shut off Stem. You will end up where you just Barely lift the Handle and it will fill a 400-500 Grain Mold in a Split Second. Simply fine tune it where you want it. I see people now n then talk negative about Lee bottom pour Pots, But FACT is they Work, and when properly setup, and Understood, They work FLAWLESSLY :lewis:

I've had it since dad passed in "91" and never used it. Only thing I'd use it for is melting down PB into fishing sinkers. LOL

View attachment 6313
Tell me about that birchwood casey barricade Encore50a if you dont mind . I imagine its good as you got some.....
The top secret bullet grouper looks pretty fancy to me . Im mind boggled already about it....

Back