New Custom BACO GG Mold

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell me about that birchwood casey barricade Encore50a if you dont mind . I imagine its good as you got some.....
The top secret bullet grouper looks pretty fancy to me . Im mind boggled already about it....

The Barricade was what I used for years and at times still do. Its supposed to remove moisture from any metal pores and at the same time lubricate the pores. Someplace on this site, there's a test a guy performed using just about every lubricant available .. at that time. One of my very old posts. Barricade scored pretty high in his process of testing. It never failed for me and I still have two cans on the shelf and at times I still use it. Plus I like the damn smell LOL

I find myself using almost exclusively now, Montana Extreme Bore Conditioner "Accuracy Oil". Its a very highly refined oil and from what I understand of it, it will weep into the tiniest scratches and imperfections in the steel. Montana Extreme claims it helps with the first shot in a clean barrel, but I also think that might mean for CF rifles. However, when we shoot sabotless, we're doing about the same thing.
As far as first shot accuracy in a clean barrel, even cleaning the Barricade out from the barrel of the BP Xpress, the first shot wasn't what I wanted at all and could be sporadic with the POI. The Montana Extreme seemed to be, and still does in my custom, to be less sporadic with the POI and generally I can expect the POI much closer and consistent in location with the custom barrel. Now, is that difference because of the Rock Creek custom barrel, or was it because the Lothar Walther was a .50cal???

The bullet grouper.... I totally forgot was in the frame when I took that photo quite some time back. Its an old remedy and you can see the differences with and without. But its secrets and I'm sworn to the secret.
Kinda like a secret I have for fishing walleye. Its not my secret per se, but how the blessing of the baits are completed, which even I can't witness. If you search a few forums, you'll find that there is a person who will bless your walleye baits that has been talked about before. He will not just bless anyone's baits and you never ask him to. He's actually called the Hubbard Lake Witch Doctor. Now before you laugh your ask off, this lake is not an easy walleye lake to learn to fish. But after I had the privilege to be introduced to him, not knowing of him, he took a liking to me for some reason and offered to bless my baits. It went from very tough, to very easy. My best year on an inland lake was 486 keepers, in a lake where even some of the locals said there were no fish.

That's the best I got......

The Barricade was what I used for years and at times still do. Its supposed to remove moisture from any metal pores and at the same time lubricate the pores. Someplace on this site, there's a test a guy performed using just about every lubricant available .. at that time. One of my very old posts. Barricade scored pretty high in his process of testing. It never failed for me and I still have two cans on the shelf and at times I still use it. Plus I like the damn smell LOL

I find myself using almost exclusively now, Montana Extreme Bore Conditioner "Accuracy Oil". Its a very highly refined oil and from what I understand of it, it will weep into the tiniest scratches and imperfections in the steel. Montana Extreme claims it helps with the first shot in a clean barrel, but I also think that might mean for CF rifles. However, when we shoot sabotless, we're doing about the same thing.
As far as first shot accuracy in a clean barrel, even cleaning the Barricade out from the barrel of the BP Xpress, the first shot wasn't what I wanted at all and could be sporadic with the POI. The Montana Extreme seemed to be, and still does in my custom, to be less sporadic with the POI and generally I can expect the POI much closer and consistent in location with the custom barrel. Now, is that difference because of the Rock Creek custom barrel, or was it because the Lothar Walther was a .50cal???

The bullet grouper.... I totally forgot was in the frame when I took that photo quite some time back. Its an old remedy and you can see the differences with and without. But its secrets and I'm sworn to the secret.
Kinda like a secret I have for fishing walleye. Its not my secret per se, but how the blessing of the baits are completed, which even I can't witness. If you search a few forums, you'll find that there is a person who will bless your walleye baits that has been talked about before. He will not just bless anyone's baits and you never ask him to. He's actually called the Hubbard Lake Witch Doctor. Now before you laugh your ask off, this lake is not an easy walleye lake to learn to fish. But after I had the privilege to be introduced to him, not knowing of him, he took a liking to me for some reason and offered to bless my baits. It went from very tough, to very easy. My best year on an inland lake was 486 keepers, in a lake where even some of the locals said there were no fish.

That's the best I got......
Well.....wow....!!!!! Thats good stuff on the lubes , thank you !!
As a son of a Charter Captain the fishin inside info is quite interesting . I will forever be in awe of its magnatude and implications thereof . My jug with funnel in the garage is just happy i do aim .... i actually think it may be for pisstols actually...... the old woman next door is rather small and has trouble moving her limbs and her sight is failing as well....the jug has been known to volunteer to help her out so she doesnt have to participate in any short arm inspections and resulting embarassments outside behind the garage....i trust youll understand this......oh and before i forget , Happy Thanksgiving as well !!!!

I never knew you were Irish , but i can feel it rubbing off . Ive heard of a sacred stone there that some are said to kiss . Suddenly , after reading about half of your reply and mine , im suddenly very attracted to it too . Have a great day tomorrow !!! Keep your eyes peeled for that guy with the nice hat as well......

Last edited:
The bullet grouper.... Its an old remedy and you can see the differences with and without. But its secrets and I'm sworn to the secret.

EyfqLNXs.jpg

It’s no secret, You killed a Skunk, Rendered his Fat down, and Bottled it :D

Back