New Foundland Moose Down

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

air_rn

Reaction score
Fresh back from 10 days hunting in New Foundland Canada for moose. This was a trip of a lifetime for me. I was going to take my Knight but was having a terrible time getting Black Horn to the island. So instead I pulled out my Grandfathers 8x57js muaser! It was passed down to me when he passed away many years ago. He was an avid hunter so it was fitting to carry that rifle. Happy and Blessed to report that on the last day of the hunt with an hour left to hunt the deal was sealed. Took the moose below at 135 yards after a 4 mile stock and a 1 mile sprint to get in front of him. The bull while no the biggest I saw is a true trophy to me. I logged 53 miles on my fitbit this week, grew a beard and lost 15 pounds, my wife barely recognized me when I got home. The hunt was awesome but not easy. I feel truly blessed to have had such an amazing experience with great buddies! Oh Bull was 40" wide and 10 points and gave up 310 pounds of meat. Sorry for the poor pic I had to reduce the size and it got pretty grainy.

Attachments

• DSC_0620.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 473
Congratulations that is awesome.
Like the family heritage of rifle still harvesting provision.

Fantastic and congrats!! That truly does sound like a hunt of a lifetime. You now have 310 lbs of some of the finest meat available. You can relive the hunt every time you enjoy it.

Congratulations on the harvest of the moose. Lots of good eating there.

Congrads on the Moose! :applause: :yeah: That really sounds like it was a great hunt and using a family heirloom just makes it more special! 8)

Awesome! I've shot a few critters with my 24/47 Mauser.

Emrah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great story to go along with what sounds like a fantastic hunt.
Congratulations and thanks for sharing the picture.

Latest posts

Back