New from Traditions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a Pursuit back when they 1st came out and that gun would beat you to death, I ended up giving it to a kid I hunted with..That new one should be a shooter and easy maintenance though.
At 5# I wouldnt want to be shooting any magnum loads on a regular basis.. might be a good conical shooter with mild loads.

If you have ever popped on TBs website you would notice he has suggested the 1-24 many times. Mainly because some of the bullets he shoots are too long for the 1-28. Well Traditions is one of his primary sponsors. It appears they were paying attention to him. I actually prefer a 1-24 for a 50cal also but if you are shooting 45cal bullets under 300gr it does not really offer anything.

1- 24 I think,, at least I got a new line of 50 cals coming out in 1- 24 Glad to see the industry creeping a inch forward

I'm thinking about ordering one of these new Pursuits with the 1:24. How do you all think they would do with the CVA 50 cal 325gr ELR? What other bullets might do well with this twist rate?
Thanks
John

It should be able to stabalize the bullet but the recoil might not be much fun.
Weighs only 5.75 pounds!

Yeah 5.75 lbs might not be fun but a scope should put it to 6.5 pounds or so which might help a little bit. Was thinking 110grs volume of 777 or 100 of BH.

Thanks Snapbang I will look for that thread.

John

So far i dont see them in stock anywhere. M-Ls dot com has them listed for $329 in black/Cerakote. Always found their Cerakote advertising to be misleading. It does nothing to protect the bore and from the posts ive seen they dont always cover the coating under warranty. If it flakes off you could be SOL.
The durable, CeraKote® coating on barrel and action makes the barrel 50 percent more corrosion resistant than stainless steel, adding to the longevity of your rifle.

The 1-24 in a Ultra light 50cal does not bring a whole lot to the table unless you enjoy recoil. It could help you shoot some 300gr+ bullets slower than a 1-28 twist i guess. The 50cal PB ELR is intended for stout loads so a reduced load might not be its cup of tea.

After surprising everyone with a 500gr PP Conical with an standard Encore with a 1:28 twist, I doubt a 1:24 would do much better.
Good for Tradions offering another option to the consumer.
06757666-059B-4B30-B824-84D290B162BA.jpeg

Thanks. Will most likely pass on it. I was really hoping CVA would offer a 1:24 in an Optima line because they have the nitride with a Cerakote overtop. I'm starting to like the veil camo and bronze coated barrel. I have so many muzzleloaders and don't really need a new one. Heck, haven't even shot the 54 cal I got from Shawn nor a 50 cal New Englander i bought last year.

Personally, for me to go back to a .50 it would have to be in a 22 or 24 twist. Love the idea and good for Traditions, but I won't buy a Traditions.

After surprising everyone with a 500gr PP Conical with an standard Encore with a 1:28 twist, I doubt a 1:24 would do much better.
Good for Tradions offering another option to the consumer.
View attachment 13554
oh yes it will, i had 2 barrels and you should have one and if you don't want it I'll take it

Kind of surprised i have not seen TB review this new rifle yet. Traditions has been a primary sponsor of his for a long time. He has not even mentioned it at all so far and IIRC he did a small write up on new things at the shot show. He sure appears to be a fan of a 50cal 1-24 but not even a peep about the new Traditions? :think:

Back