New member from Oregon

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PyroZuki

Reaction score
Howdy! I'm just now exploring the muzzleloader scene, primarily for blacktail deer and Roosevelt elk in the Applegate unit of SW Oregon.

Lookin forward to learnin a lot from this site.

30 year old male, Applegate Valley OR
From NW Montana, but I've been in Oregon for pert near 2 years.

Pyro

cayuga said:
Welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here.

Thank you very much. I spent several hours last nite reading a bunch of threads. There's actually quite a bit of info I need to learn before I jump into this.

My biggest problem is Oregon. I have found that Oregon hunting restrictions are a total joke. I can respect them, I just need a specific weapon to be legal.

Pyro

If I understand Oregon correctly, it has to be exposed ignition, no 209 ignition, and lead conicals. Is that correct? Are you thinking Traditional rifles or inlines? There are good examples of rifle that would legally fit your needs. Welcome again, and glad to have you.

Welcome to the forum, glad you found us. There is lots of info for the Newbies in the Stickies on the New to Muzzleloading forum. :wink:

There are several models being made now by most of the big manufactures for the Pac Northwest. There are some here that hunt out there in your area that can give you a lot if info on rifle and bullet requirements.

Back