New member from the Buckeye state

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegade05

Reaction score
I guess I should have introduced myself earlier, Im in Ohio, recently fell in love with side lock muzzleloaders, and after much research, realized I have a lot to learn. Look forward to interacting with the group.KIMG0541.JPGKIMG0540.JPG

Last edited:
welcome Renegade05. Is that one of Cabelas sporterized hawkens in the second pic? I am a huge fan of the Renegades. :lewis:
That is actually a cabelas stock, but I have a t/c 45 cal barrel on it. The 50 cal cabelas barrel had some issues so swapped it out for now

I heard good things about those Cabela(Investarms) Sporterized guns. Faster twist, chrome lined, good shooters and nicer wood. Shame it had to be replaced.
I still have it, just had a broken under lug ( not sure thats the technical term). It was cold soldered on and i tried jb weld to re attach, broke off again. Did a better prep job and tried jb weld again, its still on, but sketchy.

If you can clean it off and reattach it with silver solder it will be a lot better. Silver solder is so much stronger than jbweld and lead solder. Or any decent gunsmith oughta be able to reattach it for you. You could have a welder TIG weld it on but i wouldn't, that would be too permanent. I looked into it when a lug was coming off one of my MLs. I just sent it back to the maker and had a bigger lug installed, tho.

If you can clean it off and reattach it with silver solder it will be a lot better. Silver solder is so much stronger than jbweld and lead solder. Or any decent gunsmith oughta be able to reattach it for you. You could have a welder TIG weld it on but i wouldn't, that would be too permanent. I looked into it when a lug was coming off one of my MLs. I just sent it back to the maker and had a bigger lug installed, tho.
Good info, thank you. All my others have the dovetail.

I know it well...my Aunt and Uncle live on Mills Rd...their daughter in law used to work at Mack's...and if you're old enough you may remember an old friend of mine that's gone on home to heaven, Bob Seel...and let's not forget the Silver King Festival!
My buddy Joe inherited Bobs pulling truck, My wife works at the old Macs. So we know some the same people

Latest posts

Back