New member - traditional convert

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marksman1941

Reaction score
Hi all! I grew up shooting traditional muzzleloader at rendezvous in oregon, and recently decided that an online would make my elk hunting seasons a bit more successful, and found this forum during my research about inlines. I’m hoping to learn a lot here and maybe find a good deal on a used online to get me started. Nice to meet you all!

Welcome! I switched to conicals for elk for the same reason ( more effective on large game), doesn't have to be an inline though, you just need the right rate of twist in your barrel.
My need to switch was more for reliable ignition. A flintlock in a wet snowy November is a bit difficult, and I’ve lost two elk so far due to wet powder. Oregon changed the rules this year to allow a closed ignition inline, which seems like a step in the right direction

Welcome from S.Ohio. Lots of information on the forum and members are more than willing to share information!

Welcome from Gloucester Va. You may find a good deal at your local Wallmart. Many are discounting their current inventory of Muzzleloaders. I found a CVA Optima LR at a decent price. Others here found them even cheaper at their local store.
Just trying to be an enabler!!
😈

Welcome from Gloucester Va. You may find a good deal at your local Wallmart. Many are discounting their current inventory of Muzzleloaders. I found a CVA Optima LR at a decent price. Others here found them even cheaper at their local store.
😈
I stopped by my local Walmart and was hoping to find a Optima Lr for a good price and the only muzzleloader thing that I found was a see-thru powder measure! 🤬

😈
I wish that were the case! I live in Oregon, and all walmarts here quit selling anything but BB and airsoft guns.

Back