New muzzleloader...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
Grouse and I stopped by Cabelas in Ft Worth on the way home from the whitetail hunt. Boy...when I looked at that T/C Omega X7...I was in LOVE! What a nice little rifle. One thing I can say for sure...T/C sure knows how to build them. Well ANYWHO...It was on sale from 549.99 to 449.99...then I got a $15.00 certificate in the mail..THEN I had some Cabelas points...well you know the REST!

I also bought one of the EABCO peep site/scope base combos and replaced the excellent factory peep with it. I THINK it's going to work just fine.. I'm thinking I'll try a 250gr Ballistic Extreme over 110gr ffg Triple Se7en and see how that shoots! I also put the VX-II 3-9 from my White .45 on it..

I hastily too a few pics this AM...none really THAT great... In the first photo I had the camera over my head and was just guessing... :(

2006rangepics%20348.jpg

2006rangepics%20350.jpg

Maybe you can get a pretty good idea of how the base/peep combo fits/works...

Chuck, Congrats. on the new muzzleloader!!! It looks to be one great gun. The wood on it is amazing. Please let us all know how the old girl shoots if you would. :D

T/C OmegaZ7

Did you cut the barrel or put a shoulder stock on that back powder pistol?

You are like the rest of us T/C shooters..just put the rifle in our hands and we won't let go.

Keep us posted on your accuracy results with the new peep sight. You may have the first one on this forum.

Choc-dog

Re: T/C OmegaZ7

choc-dog said:
You are like the rest of us T/C shooters..just put the rifle in our hands and we won't let go.

If I remember right this is his second or third one. The other(s) is/are long gone.

Sweeeet! Put some cushins on that chair and I bet she would be real comfy' :lol: Seriously 6X6, great looking rifle, enjoy much and give us a range report soon.

Whitesmoke

Neat little setup Chuck.

Is the trigger guard on the X7 the same size (opening-wise) as the other Omega models?

I am interested in this same rifle. Please post your range report on your X7. I am interested in how the recoil is going to be with such a light rifle and also the muzzle jump. Lastly, if you can, please post the velocity of your loads - I would like to know how quick that 24 inch barrel will be. Do you think you will lose about 20 feet per second of velocity per inch compared to a longer barrel? Thanx!

Latest posts

Back