New Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juniorfan2007

Reaction score
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:39 pm Post subject: New Omega

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, Guy's looking for some advice. Gave up on shotgun hunting a couple of year's ago( to many idiots out in the timber). Missed the hunting (still bow hunt but like the range of a gun also).So bought a new Omega. Since I will be hunting late season here in Iowa, which means first season muzzleloader,and first and second season shotgun will be over the deer are atleast let's say skitish. I'm looking for a sabot and powder combo that will be accurate but still have the knockdown power from a range of 75 to 200 yards as this will probably be the range I will encounter most. I was thinking maybe the recommened 150 grains of t7 and 300gr shockwave? Good? Bad? And as far as a scope not sure the Nikon is worth th extra cash.

Yes 100-150 grains of pellets or 120 grains of loose powder and a shockwave should do the trick. While the 300 grain should work, I might try the 250 or even the 200 grain. What ever gives you the best accuracy. With a good scope, 150 yards shots should be possible. 200 yards will take some practice as well.

Good luck with your new rifle.

Personally I'd pick up some 200gr/250gr Shockwaves. You can try 3 pellet loads or up to 120gr ffg Triple Se7en loose.

Back