New Project. Encore modification

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbore442001

Reaction score
Yesterday the wife and I were out and about when we took a detour to the local gun shop. The plan is to have my Encore 50 caliber barrel cut down to 16 1/8 inches so it can be used as a specialty pistol or carbine. The forend will be cut and thinned downed. The sight may be an Aimpoint or a 2x Burris pistol scope for now. When I get it set up, I'll post some images on the board. I should get the barrel back in a week to ten days.

The big plan will be to take it deer hunting for the first full week of November in New Hampshire. I feel the need for a special trip this season.

Encore with 20" barrel. I bought just the barrel and love it. Compact and makes a great tree stand gun

Attachments

• APEXSHOT50CALANDTHUMPER50CAL300YRDS005.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 344
Neat looking rifle! Didn't TC make a short barrel similar to that once called the Katadin?

That is nice looking. Yes. TC did make a 20 inch barrel for the Encore not only muzzleloading but for some large bores like the 45-70 called the Katahdin. I can't wait for this thing to come in at the shop.

jaybez101099 said:
Encore with 20" barrel. I bought just the barrel and love it. Compact and makes a great tree stand gun

Thats a wild little gun...

I shoot a 20" barrel 54cal and love it. Handling is great and you lose very little fps. IIRC a 300gr-325gr bullet with a max load of BH209 is right around 1900fps.

Back