New Ruger Gold Label

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VENISONEATR

Reaction score
I picked up this shotgun today thanks to a 20% off coupon for a local gun store. I've been looking at pictures of these Rugers for about 3 years now and I finally got to hold one this past summer. I was having a hard time justifying the price in my mind but when this coupon deal became available it pushed me over the edge. I can't wait for some sporting clays action now!!!! 8)

DSC01956Small.jpg

DSC01949Small.jpg

DSC01950Small.jpg

DSC01952Small.jpg

I think I need to vacuum my gun room floor :oops: :roll:

Pretty nice, I am glad that I am not the only one who loves side by sides
Ken

Red I know you prefer straight stocked double trigger guns but I have never hunted with a double trigger gun so that's why the Ruger appealed to me. the English stocked version of the gun I bought seemed way to light in the "palm swell" to me. I hope to hit the skeet range tonight!!

Great looking gun, I really like side-by-side shotguns...I almost brought my Stevens 16 ga. side-by-side to JJ's....

Let me know how it shoots...

Pat

IndianaHunter said:
Let me know how it shoots...

Pat

I hit the skeet field tonight and did two rounds of regular skeet... Not the kind we did in Ohio :lol: I broke 14 the first round and 17 the second. I LOVE the gun!!!!!! This was my first time shooting a side by side and I'll admit it's going to take some getting use to. But with the feel of this gun I don't think that will take very long...

Jimmy

I hit the skeet field tonight and did two rounds of regular skeet... Not the kind we did in Ohio I broke 14 the first round and 17 the second.

I'm thinking ya'll have a different kind of skeet up there in Jersey! :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I kinda like the Ohio style with that Pennsylvania guy pulling the targets from who knows where and then the little twist with the hand thrown clays from behind your back. Makes it a little more entertaining :wink: 8)

VENISONEATR said:
I kinda like the Ohio style with that Pennsylvania guy pulling the targets from who knows where and then the little twist with the hand thrown clays from behind your back. Makes it a little more entertaining :wink: 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol: That is a nice looking Shotgun. I get first dibs in Ohio next year.

The reason I like english straight stocks is that they are very fast in the grouse woods and the double trigger is for rapid barrel selection however they take some getting used to. That is a mighty fine shotgun you have there. I have a lot of respect for your knowledge when you mentioned 28 ga. That is the ultimate small bird gun.
When you go were there are other hunters they will drool when they see that shotgun, not so with any other style shotgun. A game warden will show you his license and might even bow in front of you. A side by side shooter is a real gentleman :lol:
Ken

TO Venisoneter Nice gun. I have a Parker Repro in 28 gauge with the English stock. I like it. I have an old Damascus Parker I shoot black powder brass shells with. I like both sxs. I am sure you will too.

Back