New Sidekick

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

Reaction score
I got this from Cabela's for $239.00 with free shipping. The scope is a Bushnell 1.5-4.5X32 in Weaver Extra High rings.

100_03471.jpg

I haven't made it to the range yet. I have to drive an hour to shoot.

Should shoot well. I had the same gun and with 85 gr of t7 2f it would shoot about 1.5" groups at 100 with just about any bullet I had.

Great looking gun! I have a black/stainless Sidekick and a love it. Make sure you protect the bottom of the scope above where the orange primer carrier goes in the gun. You'll get a bit of residue on the bottom of the scope there, so protection is mandatory. Good luck, you'll find you new gun a blast to shoot, and accurate as well.

They are great guns but here is a few tips from experiance.

1. Blackhorn 209 powder is a no go in these guns

2. T7 pellets are hit and miss. They work in some of these guns and not in others. My fathers gets a hang fire with the pellets. Pyrodex pellets work fine.

3. T7 loose powder works great.

4. The primer carriers are getting hard to find now that the company has been bought out.

5. Hubbards no longer makes the custom breech plug that is needed to use blackhorn 209 and eliminate the primer carrier.

6. The ramrod sucks

7. Some of these guns you have to flip the action closed hard to get it to stay closed.

8. The tool for the breech plug is a pain in the butt.

BUT they shoot great!

If I keep it, I'll probably buy the 25acp breech plug for it. Since I have a lot of 3F Goex, I'll probably use that. The subs have so many issues/problems, I hesitate to spend the money on them.

At $35.00 for a small container, I don't know if I'm even gonna try BH209.

Swampman said:
If I keep it, I'll probably buy the 25acp breech plug for it. Since I have a lot of 3F Goex, I'll probably use that. The subs have so many issues/problems, I hesitate to spend the money on them.

At $35.00 for a small container, I don't know if I'm even gonna try BH209.

Your going to love the gun then! It is a tack driver once you work up a good load. I really like the way it feels and handles.

Latest posts

Back