New Super Safari

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitetail

Reaction score
I bought a White Super Safari from DOC unfinished, the price was right. It came as a New stored barreled action .504 and a new B&C stock. No Hammer assembly,trigger,sites,breach plug and some other assorted items. I had the necc parts to build it is why I decided to get it. So I assembled it bedded the action and installed the rest of the parts, I had a White Quick Peep so I installed that also. I had to file the stock slightly to gain clearence but it fits nice. I will try to add some pics here.

003205.JPG
[/img]
As It arrived from DOC

006158.JPG

[/img]
Assembled all but Ram Rod

01178.JPG
[/img]
White/Lyman Quick Peep

Very nice,I just bought a S91-II off Doc,now we got a new Camera and I have to figure out how to post pics.

Steve

edmehlig said:
Very Nice Rifle. I have a .451 M98 with the Super Safari Stock and I like the feel of it much better than the Super 91's.

Ed I agree I have a couple of Super 91's and Safari's the safari's do feel lighter and more balanced, not that the S91 is not a well balanced rifle. I kind of like the blued barrel in the black B&C stock also, my other Safari's are Stainless.

frontier gander said:
is that a wood stock or plastic?

Yes it is composite, made by Bell and Carlson. Light and very structuraly sound stocks. I have several I like them better than laminated no chance of swelling or breaking IMO.

flounder said:
Super looking gun. Are you going to be shooting it or keeping it new?
Art

It will be a shooter, I only have a couple Whites that are Safe Queens!

Your pictures suck :p Looks like they were taken inside that mine in south africa. Is it Iced or Blue?

If it isn't ICED's you got to do it. Sure makes cleaning a snap, plus you don't have to worry about rust too much except for inside the bore.

Black Ice is the way to go!! Great Service and a Quality product!!

ewald said:
Your pictures suck :p Looks like they were taken inside that mine in south africa. Is it Iced or Blue?

I know I still dont look at the light until I post the picture and see it sucks. Its Blued I will get it Iced in the future thinking of getting the stock dipped by them too. They have many options available now.

I have a pistol and a M97 Blacktail that are Iced your correct Ed clean up is a breeze.

Iced? What is this you speak of? I think I sound stupid but I need to know as I want easy to clean also!!

wallygater said:
Iced? What is this you speak of? I think I sound stupid but I need to know as I want easy to clean also!!

Wallygater, Black Ice Coatings is what you want to look up. It is a Teflon coating applied to your barrel and action that really noithing sticks to, just wipe it down and clean the bore as usual. Cool stuff and he has color options too.

looks good how many you got now :?: :?:
i no i no you can never hav enuff whites :wink: :wink:

Latest posts

Back