New to muzzleloading from MO.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edfrommo60

Reaction score
About me i've been an avid hunter for 45 years. My passion is bowhunting however I decided to give muzzleloading a go. So here's where I've gotten to so far in this endeavor. After spending a month researching I purchased a CVA Accura V2 50 CAL. with the Konus 3x9x40 IR. I loaded it with 100gr of the white hots, slid in a 245 gr powerbelt copper aerotip and Winchester 209. After very minor adjustments I got a 3 shot 1.5" group @ 100yds from the bench. I spent many hours reading and gathering information from this forum. I thank each of you for your wisdom.

Welcome, I went through Ft Leonard Wood back in 1981, which started my connection with MO. I went back 3 years ago for a relative's graduation, very enjoyable.

Sounds like you are off and running. The 'white hots' and the powerbelts usually don't review at the top, but surely workable. Just keep experimenting and tuning your M-L to where you get the most out of it.

With all the previous threads around here most has been discussed in the past, nothing wrong with asking again too.

Welcome to the form. Sounds like you have a great rifle and load.

Thanks for the welcomes. ML season opens here in Missouri on Dec 19. So im hoping I can get all the bugs worked out and be ready.

Missouri does not have a "muzzleloader season" anymore but there are ML only managed hunts. :p

Now we have ML, pistol, air rifle and spear slinger season which the state calls "Alternative Methods Season". :D

Latest posts

Back