New to Muzzleloading, need help with rifle.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tx_Myrmidon

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a 50 caliber black powder rifle I just picked up and I was looking to find some information about it but can't find anything. On the side of the barrel it say 50 caliber blackpowder only. Then has a a picture of a knight then says MML INC OK 94 PAT NO 4700499. I was wanting to find out the make and model of the gun.
Thanks for any help or information given!

Tx_Myrmidon said:
Hello everyone, I have a 50 caliber black powder rifle I just picked up and I was looking to find some information about it but can't find anything. On the side of the barrel it say 50 caliber blackpowder only. Then has a a picture of a knight then says MML INC OK 94 PAT NO 4700499. I was wanting to find out the make and model of the gun.
Thanks for any help or information given!
You have one of the earlier Knight rifles. If I recall correctly, MML stood for Modern Muzzleloading Inc. Look on the side of the Action, usually the left side near the plunger, and see if you see any makings such as MK, LK, BK ect. followed by a number such as MK85.

If you can post some pics of the markings and the action, it can help with identifying it. Lots of us are Knight shooters. :yeah:

These are the best pictures I could use. Markings say lk 94

Attachments

• 1446686295229.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 867
  • 1446686350271.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 865
  • 1446686376713.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 862
Thanks, do you know of a website that list a manual or a video to take the gun apart and clean it. The only thing I see on Google is about scope rings for it. Thanks!

Yup definitely an LK series. If it is in good shape it will serve you well. I have a pdf version of the manual that includes the LK93. It should be pretty much the same. Most all of the Plunger rifles disassemble/assemble the same way. If you want it you can Pm me your email address and I can send it to you.

Tanks, I just saw it in my email. the guns in good condition would it be safe to shoot powerbelt copper 245 grain out of it or stick to ward and lead ball?

Tx_Myrmidon said:
Tanks, I just saw it in my email. the guns in good condition would it be safe to shoot powerbelt copper 245 grain out of it or stick to ward and lead ball?
Personally I would not use either at least not for hunting. The rifle will have a 1 in 28 twist that is meant for sabots. You might get the balls to shoot but they may not shoot well with lots of powder behind them. I am not a fan of Power belts and most here are not either.

If I were to recommend something for this hunting season I would say get some 45x50 (45cal bullet x 50 cal rifle) sabots and a box of .452 (45cal) Hornady XTPs in 300 grain and shoot them with between 90 and 100 grains of loose powder (2f Black, Pyrodex RS or 777 2f) and if the nipple is for #11 (most likely) get something like the CCI #11 Mag cap. You might find some of the XTPs pre-boxed with Sabots. You can save money in the long run just buying the pistol bullets and sabots separately in Bulk. Most Knights can shoot well with an MMP HPH-12 sabot, but you might also try a Harvester short black or Crushrib. While shopping if you don't have a Powder measure be sure to pick one of the Volume powder measures made for Muzzleloader shooting. The loose Powder will work better for you than pellets with the #11 caps.

Yup definitely an LK series. If it is in good shape it will serve you well. I have a pdf version of the manual that includes the LK93. It should be pretty much the same. Most all of the Plunger rifles disassemble/assemble the same way. If you want it you can Pm me your email address and I can send it to you.
Do you still have a copy/PDF of the manual for this? The LK-93?

Do you still have a PDF copy of the manual for the night LX-93 Muzzleloader?

I would suggest some conicals like I cast Great plains by Lyman cast from pure or 50 to 45 Harvester sabot and one of my TC 45 pure maxi unlubed cause you put them in the sabot /or a 50 to 40 sabot harvester with one of my Accurate 401 pure 300 gr FP inserted ,a wonder to 200 yds in my TC side locks (your inline will work no problem) /Ed

Come on guys give the new member a break. He’s just looking for a lk93 manual
I am a little confused by the responses? I don’t know if anybody said they had the manual or not but thanks for the welcome to the community. I bought this gun and it looks like brand new from a garage sale and I’m just trying to figure out how to safely make it work. Thank you guys!

Latest posts

Back