Newbie from S/E lower Michigan

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjc155

Reaction score
Hey just joined this site after hearing about on Michigan-Sportsman.com in the firearms section and like what I see so far. I'm from S/E lower Michigan (firearms opening is today but it is raining cats and dogs so I stayed in).

I'm realatively new to muzzleloading (got a new Triumph last year). Currently shooting 100grs of 777 (pellets) and 300gr Hornady SST. Have a mueller scope (one of the best bangs for the buck in scopes IMHO).

In the relatively short time with a muzzleloader I can get 2 inch groups at 100yards, which is just about the max distance for where I hunt anyways.I now the gun and I are capible of better though.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot here and when I can I will even help others.

Thanks
J-

J - its great to have you here. As for your rifle and set up, they don't get much better. A lot of the guys are shooting BlackHorn 209 in their Triumphs and some Shockwaves with amazing (if there is a better word) accuracy.

You have a shooter there. And with the load you got, no whitetail stands a chance.. Good luck this deer season.

Thanks, I am gonna try some Blackhorn next year to see how I like it. I havent heard much negatives about it.

J-

Back