Nikon Pro Series

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

"J"

Reaction score
Well I found a Nikon Pro series that is for sale for 140 bucks and am thinking of getting it, I was just currious to see if anyone has been using one and what they thought of them. Thanks "J"

Dick's has the buckmaster on sale for 169.99. I think it is much better than the prostaff but not sure.

I was looking into buying one. Anybody have Nikon exp?

I know my nikon binos are nice!!!

What are you looking to put it on? Also, how far you you intend to be shooting?
I have 4 Nikon scopes a pair of 8X42 Monarch binoculars, which I love. I have a 2X7 camo Prostaff I just got for a carbine muzzleloader. I have a 3X9X50 Buckmasters and 2 3X9X40 Monarchs. The difference in their scope line as the prices go up are the lenses. The better the lenses the better the light transmission and clarity. I'm not sure about the Prostaff's but the Buckmaster is 92% and the Monarch is 95%.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Nikon, I am very happy with all of them. I have never had to use their customer service but I think all of their scopes carry a lifetime warranty.
If you are mounting the scope on a muzzleloader and plan on shooting out over 150 yards I'd look at Nikon's new Omega scope. It has the BDC-250 bullet drop compensating reticle and 5 inchs of eye relief. I've heard alot of good things about it. I think they are the equal to the Buckmasters with 92% light transmission. I'll include a link to a site that has very good prices on Nikons (The price on the Omega is $50 cheaper than Cabelas!). A buddy of mine just bought a Prostaff for his new Remington and said he likes it alot. So I'm sure you'll be happy with whichever scope you pick.
Let us know what you buy.

Here's the link:
http://theopticzone.com/nikonscopes.aspx

Mike

It's going on a Knight Disc Extreme, 50 cal. I have heard good things about the Nikon and am interested in them. 3x9 should do the trick. Thanks for the link Mike it looks like they have some good prices. "J"

I got the 3X9 on my Knight. Held-up fine now for over three years. It's clear, gives light down in the swamp and it was cheap.

I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

I have a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9 on my omega and one on my Remmington 7400 and I coulden't as for a better scope nice and bright and don't break the bank.

Back