Nobel 209 primers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusticbob

Reaction score
I found a source for case quantity of Nobel 209 primers, made in Italy. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Yes, the NSI primers are quite good but larger OD than USA made 209s. Might not fit in some USA brand breech plugs like Knights. Should fit great in a CVA plug. They are also consistently on the long side.

209/686 is the standard
209/688 is the "Mag"

Company from Arizona, Bruno supply, they have lots of 1000 for $90. Plus shipping and hasmat fee brings it up to near $150.
I went to a small rural Gunshop here in Vermont today. He had 8 or 10 boxes of Winchester 209. I bought 4 boxes for $15.00 each. That should hold me a while. If I had not found them I would have bought from Bruno

Company from Arizona, Bruno supply, they have lots of 1000 for $90. Plus shipping and hasmat fee brings it up to near $150.
I went to a small rural Gunshop here in Vermont today. He had 8 or 10 boxes of Winchester 209. I bought 4 boxes for $15.00 each. That should hold me a while. If I had not found them I would have bought from Bruno
You are very lucky! We have not seen any in Mid Tenn in over 2 years!

Fortunately I've been able to stock up on enough to hold me steady for a little while. That being said i have several different brands (Remington Kleanbores, Winchester Triple 7s, Cheddites, and Federals) I've played around with and all have given me acceptable results.

If you live in North Georgia, The Outdoor Depot, in Gainesville, has Cheddite Clerinox 209 Primers in stock, $9.99 for a 100 pack, limit of two. First that I have been able to find in over a year.

Didn't realize how lucky i was. Our local farm store has pretty consistently had CCI 209M in stock pretty consistently the last year. I was buying the 200 limit whenever they did to the point I thought 209's were easily available again so I stopped buying them. Guess maybe I should pick up a few more.

Great news today. A gun/reloading shop about 45 miles away got in their first shipment of CCI 209 primers. I was allowed 500 plus they received a big shipment of numerous smokeless powder. Maybe things are looking up in our world of targets and hunting once again!

Latest posts

Back