Northern MN 11 pointer!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mroszkowski

Reaction score
Hey all! Went out for a morning hunt with the T/C Omega this morning, and boy did it pay off! about 75 yard shot, 300 gr. XTP/MAG put him down in about 50 yards with no pass through (quartering away, bullet had to go through a LOT of stuff to pass thru) and boy am I excited! I shot a doe-fawn on friday and had a great pass through and great blood trail with these bullets, left the insides very mangled and a hole the size of a 50 cent piece on the other side. Anyways, here is my buck!

muzzbuck2.jpg

Thanks, Busta! I am pretty sure it is my biggest taken yet! I am hooked on ML hunting thats a fact.

Great buck.. congratulations. Also a nice rifle and load.

Great buck! I can't wait till we get some snow here in Michigan. It's been nothing but wind/rain currently.

Well, I was taking the hide off and found my bullet. Attached are a few pics of the bullet, and one of the massive entrance hole. Caught a rib and really did some damage!!:twisted:
bullet1.jpg

bullet2.jpg

bullet3.jpg

entrance.jpg

What do you think?

Looks like the bullet held together well. How hard were you pushing it? What grain charge and what sabot were you using? Oh yea. Nice buck. Congratulations.

using the factory sabot (MMP Something?) And 100 gr. 777 (2 pellets). I think it is probably around 1700-1750 fps? I like the MAG because it will hold together at the velocities i am shooting even at close range, so I will have excellent penetration no matter the yardage. This time the bullet went in just in front (6") of the hind quarter and went through the middle of the deer, all the way until halfway up the neck where it went to rest. Thats like 3 feet of penetration.

11 points

Talk about letting the air out of them? Beauty and I'm jealous. Thanks for the pictures of that bullet and hit!

GREAT buck and good job on the pictures. There is something about hunting in the snow that makes it that much better. I really enjoy it, especially when the snow has some specks of red. :wink:

Max, congrats on a fine harvest! Certainly a good morning.

:yeah:

congrats i have yet to shoot one that nice. i like the bullet selection too.

Great buck...I am glad you found an alternative to the powerbelts.

Chocdog

Choc-
Yes, these bullets are much more adequate than the powerbelts for just about... everything. So, I will be either shooting these, Barnes Expander MP, or the 240 gr. XTP/non-mag. I may try some others, but for now i am very happy with these results. Tennis ball size hole under the hide on entrance, down within eyesight, what more can you ask for? There was VERY little blood on the ground, most likely because of lack of exit, but these sure was a lot inside when i opened him up. Very well constructed bullet, and just about the perfect load for a mid-velocity ML like mine.

Latest posts

Back