November 2015 Field & Stream Feild Test

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busta

Reaction score
Not that I agree with the rag writers all the time, but check out the November 2015 issue of Field & Stream. They did a year long four man test panel on entry level in-line muzzleloaders. They definitely got #1 right IMO, the rest have a lot more gray area.

#1 CVA Optima V2
#2 Traditions Pursuit G4 Ultralight
#3 Thompson/Center Impact
#4 Knight Vision

Busta said:
Not that I agree with the rag writers all the time, but check out the November 2015 issue of Field & Stream. They did a year long four man test panel on entry level in-line muzzleloaders. They definitely got #1 right IMO, the rest have a lot more gray area.

#1 CVA Optima V2
#2 Traditions Pursuit G4 Ultralight
#3 Thompson/Center Impact
#4 Knight Vision

Holy Cow that is an ugly list!!!

WV Hunter said:
Wonder why they didn't use the Wolf instead of Optima V2? To me, that would be their entry level model.

They were comparing on overall cost I believe, in the $300ish ball park, all with camo stocks. The $170 blued Wolf just didn't get there in price, but to be honest, I would take the $207 Wolf in real stainless steel over all but the Optima V2 in this test.

The CVA Optima V2 was the only stainless steel rifle. The Traditions Pursuit G4 Ultralight was either nickel or that spray on coating, whatever it's called? The T/C Impact was blued, and the Knight Vision was all camo.

Real stainless steel barrels, the best breech plug design, the best trigger, and best breeching mechanism, by far in this bunch and beyond.

TripleSe7en said:
1874sharpsshooter said:
There aint a single gun on that list that i would own .

There ain't a single gun you own, that I would want.
Thats an ignorant statement because you dont know what i own . But ignorant statements are what you are best at . Your signature proves that , along with most of your posts .

Not to bash anyone or there rifle ,I have a cva opitma v2 and it is a tack driver .To each his own.

I haven't owned any of those rifles but I don't doubt they'll get the job done. My son owns a Traditions Pursuit Pro and I'm not overly impressed with that gun.

I guess a $200 NIB Knight Elite didn't make the cut? I'll pass more info please... WORM

Latest posts

Back