November 2015 Field & Stream Feild Test

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
November 2015 Field & Stream Feild Test

wsm said:
Not to bash anyone or there rifle ,I have a cva opitma v2 and it is a tack driver .To each his own.
I have a t/c Impact ans love that gun.

In response to ronlaughlin's previous post the nitride bp is infact only a black coating to match the nitride barrell. I was one of those who sent the "nitride" bp to him for machining. I would like to thank him for advice to switch from the black crush rib to the smooth black sabot for a better fit in the Vision. Great fit no loss of accuracy. I also own the Optima and I agree it's a great gun very accurate. The Vision is also a good shooter but a little on the heavy side.

GM54-120 said:
BlackIce over stainless is one of my favorites.

Quick question: a local machine shop owner/friend of mine puts a Teflon coating on certain high temp/high friction parts for some of his customers. I have closely examined those parts many times and it looks just like the stuff on non-stick skillets. The added thickness is very small, only a few .001's" and according to his customers is extremely durable. He says the cost to coat parts this way is very reasonable. I've only seen black ice online and never in person. Are the two similar and would the coating my friend's shop does be something comparable and/or good to do?

Latest posts

Back