Ohio ML Deer.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foo

Reaction score
Bowhunting, 27 hunts 0 deer,Gun season 7 days hunting 0 deer,finally opening day of Ohio ML season I got a shot at a I thought small 4 pt across a hayfield. I used a Knight 1/20 twist 45 DISC, lehigh BP, White Powerstar .400 cal 350 gr .451 bullet, 70 gr pryo 3ff,and Win 209. The morning was below zero, windy and clear. I was in a doghouse blind,across the snow covered hayfield, a 1/2 dozen deer busted out of woods,something had kicked them out,before that NOTHING was moving. This one was about 120 to 130 yds away, when he stopped running, broadside to me, and looked back at the wood line. I was hoping his bigger brother would step out. That wasn't happening, this deer was in my sights and his big brother wasn't. I held a little over 1/2 way up from where his front leg and belly meet bang! He leaps and takes 6 or 7 steps and collapses. I had a pass thru,the shot took out a rib,the top of the heart was jelly and the lungs were a mess, busted a couple of ribs, the exit hole was about 1 1/2 inches wide, no slug was found. I really like this load, not really any recoil, accurate, and deadly. The rifle is zeroed at 100yds, it drops 2-3 at 150, 12-14 at 200. I do not know how to post pic's on this site, I can e-mail to someone who will. Glad this is over, the news is hyping the coming weather, "the White Death is coming," "don't go outside like us,""stay calm, only the Gov can save you." I can only say it's winter in Ohio. Have a good 2014. Foo

Congrats on a great hunt. Hope the weather isn't too bad for you folks, but I can sympathize. It got down to 45 here last Friday and I damn near froze to death! :shock:

Congratulations on taking the deer. That is a good shot you made.

:applause: Congrads on the Buckeye Buck. I spoke with my Dad last night and he said there was a lot more shooting near home (Gallia Co OH) than usual for ML season.

Congrats on a good late season hunt!

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Back