Ohio opening day

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody12

Reaction score
Opening day of Ohio ML season and I was sitting in a ground blind overlooking a corn field. Two doe crossed early, then an 8pt walked by. An hour later another 8pt. After lunch, I bumped 8 doe on the way in. As the sun started to set, two more 8pts walked by then 3 more deer followed and all I saw was horns. I stuck the T/C ProHunter FX out the window and when he stopped, the smoke flew. The buck hit the ground got up and ran off. We looked for an hour and decided to back out. Went back in the next morning (after no sleep) and he was laying 30yds from where we stopped looking.
T/C ProHunter FX
250gr shockwave
2 triple 7 pellets
Winchester primer

Attachments

• IMAG0260.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 1,464
Nice buck! Ohio's ml season just started? How long does it run?

You should send that second pic to TC!! That has brochure/catalog written all over it!

03mossy said:
You should send that second pic to TC!! That has brochure/catalog written all over it!
I was thinking the same thing! What an awesome picture! I would definitely frame one of those.

Congrads on the buckeye buck! :applause: He is one to be proud of for sure.

Doggzoe, he has a 4 5/8” G-4 on the right and a 1” G-4 on the left, so I have been calling it a 9pt. The farm that I hunt along with the neighboring land owners have a “don’t shoot the little bucks” agreement and it is paying off. Last year the guy who owns the farm that I hunt took a 173 and he took a big 8pt during bow season this year (field dressed 216lbs).

got my buck back a couple of weeks ago

Attachments

• ML buck side view.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,044
  • ML buck front view.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 1,044
That's a beautiful deer mate, hope to have one like that myself someday

Back