OK I AM A BELIEVER , BH 209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahRob

Reaction score
I took my Encore out to the range and shot 20 rounds with out swabbing and all 20 shots went almost in the same hole at 50 yards . All #2-20 shots went where the first shot did with a spotless barrel . When i got done i had a hole the size of a silver dollar . It was a cool day so i did not wait between shots. :shock: :shock: Sorry no photo , my computer was down and i need to re-install all the programs for my printer and cameras .

Photo added . This was a old target and the hole in the bull eye was already there.

encore90grainsBh209Xtp300.jpg

Grouse said:
Everybody loves Blackhorn 209. :)

I was very skeptical that it would shoot as good without swabbing, as it would swabbing between shots . BUT IT DID !!!!!!!!!!

UtahRob said:
Grouse said:

I was very skeptical that it would shoot as good without swabbing, as it would swabbing between shots . BUT IT DID !!!!!!!!!!

I would still clean the Muzzleloader when using BH209 when you can. I'm not 100% sold on the non corrosive stuff yet. :wink:

That powder did open my eyes.. but as Grouse said, I still cleanned my rifle after use. I shot over thirty rounds without swabbing in my Knight and the accuracy was exceptional.

Good shooting there. I just hope that this powder behaves in bitter cold weather. I intend to give it a good test this winter.

Grouse said:
UtahRob said:
Grouse said:

I would still clean the Muzzleloader when using BH209 when you can. I'm not 100% sold on the non corrosive stuff yet. :wink:

Yes , i always clean my guns and also hunt with a spotless barrel . Most of the time its raining or snowing when i am out hunting . I also change the load at the end of each day when the weather is bad .

I left my Omega sit for a week with BH209 fouling in the bore to see what will happen. After my second shooting session, I cleaned the bore and its spotless. Try that with T7 or Pyrodex. I am sold on the stuff. If everything goes as planned, my Omega will not see any of the corrosive stuff.

I finally ordered some from Powder Valley
Should be here wednsday

I got the computer up and going and i can now use photo shop and photobucket . Here is the 20 shot 50 yard group. This is a old target and the whole in the bulls eye was already there. All 19 shots went right where the first shot did with a clean cold barrel . :shock:

VERY IMPRESSIVE POWDER !!!!!!!!!!!!

BH209

Glad it worked out for you. BH209 shoots crappy with my favorite bullet sabot combos.

UtahRob said:
I got the computer up and going and i can now use photo shop and photobucket . Here is the 20 shot 50 yard group. This is a old target and the whole in the bulls eye was already there. All 19 shots went right where the first shot did with a clean cold barrel . :shock:

VERY IMPRESSIVE POWDER !!!!!!!!!!!!

That IS some really good shooting!

I finally bought some a couple days ago at Cabela's here in Mich.-- $37 for 10 oz. WOW! ! ! Haven't shot any yet . Looking at all the comments here on MM it should work. I opened the cannister and gave it the old sniff test. It smells a lot like some of the smokeless powder I use in reloading for my centerfires.

Latest posts

Back