Old School D.I.S.C. Quick Release Bolt Conversion (PICS)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All good info on the upgrade, when did Knight start using the plunger style bolt release?

Big Thanks to Birdog for sending me the tap. I got the quick release installed last night (along with the bare primer conversion). I used a cordless drill, #2 drill bit and a tap wrench to tap by hand. Now I just need to shim the primer pocket and get shooting.

If anyone else needs this tap shoot me a message. I will be happy to pass it along to the next guy!

Aaron

Try a Win209 and Fed209A first and see if you get at least a .003 crush on an unfired primer. You might not need to shim it. None of mine have needed shims.

I tried the Win209's last night, bolt falls no crush. (firing pin assembly removed) I don't have any shims on hand to see how much I need but I can order some.

I could not get ahold of any Fed209a. I did buy some Rem STS's as backup, but the plan is to use the WIN209's as that is what I use when reloading shotshells.

Rem STS are about the shortest. If the bolt body drops into full battery without being pressed down you will need to shim or get a Bestill plug. Im assuming you saw IdahoLewis video on how to check it easily?

Sorry to comment on an old thread but I figured this would be my best shot.

In a fit of anger after my Knight Original DISC kept popping primers without ignition, I accidentally stripped the Allen head set screw that retains the bolt in place. I’ve checked everywhere online and can not find a replacement in stock. I’ve contacted Knight directly and they have not responded to my email. Does anyone that did the conversion to the detent have their old Allen head screw laying around that they would be willing to part with?

Sincerely,
A broke college student hoping to hunt during muzzleloading season this fall

Sorry to comment on an old thread but I figured this would be my best shot.

In a fit of anger after my Knight Original DISC kept popping primers without ignition, I accidentally stripped the Allen head set screw that retains the bolt in place. I’ve checked everywhere online and can not find a replacement in stock. I’ve contacted Knight directly and they have not responded to my email. Does anyone that did the conversion to the detent have their old Allen head screw laying around that they would be willing to part with?

Sincerely,
A broke college student hoping to hunt during muzzleloading season this fall

Let me know if you do not get the information or help you need - I have both the parts and the information.

For a replacement stock might check ebay, and other rifle auction sights. The stocks are out there.

let me know - mike

Back