omega differences

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickinil

Reaction score
am in the process of shopping but want to know
what are the differences between the Z5 an the "regular" omega other than a 50 to 100 dollar price diff.? anthing in the mechanics?
stock? etc.
thanks for any help on the subject 8)

I think the main difference is the stock. The Z5 comes with a cheaper stock. It may be cheaper but I find it can still shoot accurately enough for me. Plus it can take a beating without looking none-the-worse.

There might be a difference between the sights of a Z5 and regular Omega but I don't remember because I removed mine.

I'm sure someone who has both will be able to enlighten you on whether there are any difference between the open sights.

From what I have read, the difference is in the stock and the sights... Some have reported slight problems with the stocks but nothing they could not get around. It is still an Omega barrel and Omega quality with Thompson Center backing it up.

Also let me take this opportunity to welcome you to the forum. It is good to have you here.

omega

thanks for the welcomes and the replys
this will be my first mzlldr and i prefer a "quality" item
but also one thats within my budget have yet to see and feel a rolling block have an original remntn rolling block made in 1864 and like the "feel" of it but to bad its a cartridge type!
you guys will get plenty of dumb ????s from me but im not afraid to ask thanks

Re: omega

rickinil said:
thanks for the welcomes and the replys
this will be my first mzlldr and i prefer a "quality" item
but also one thats within my budget have yet to see and feel a rolling block have an original remntn rolling block made in 1864 and like the "feel" of it but to bad its a cartridge type!
you guys will get plenty of dumb ????s from me but im not afraid to ask thanks

Then you might want to consider the new Knight KRB7 (Knight rolling block 7). It will be replacing my Omega for hunts in Colorado. Just bought mine for $300 and so far it is a shooter!

I also have the Knight KRB7. Excellent gun and cheaper than any of the Omegas. From what I have seen, the action appears to be very similar to the original rolling block. I would highly reccomend the KRB.

thnks for the help guys have felt the krb and am leaning in that direction for my purpuses?
now do i want a 50 cal bullet for elk or a 44/45 cal with a sabot for this thing?
am figuring a weight of @ 350-400 grains is this correct?
cayuga where bouts you at ive been huntin between lavalle an mauston
area for ni on 10 years now at family farm -- like that areaa lot
yea im a FIB SO WHAT!!!

First of all, if you are planning to hunt elk, you have to get the 50 caliber rifle. Regs in most states list this as a minimum for elk

As far as the bullet itself, depends on the state. Some states, like Colorado, require a full bore conical (no sabots). In states where sabots are legal, most people seem to go that way. With sabots, you can get a flatter shooting load with a better constructed (new generation) bullet. The bullet weight is determined by the game you are hunting as well as your personal preferences

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back