Omega for Western muzzleloader Hunting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been struggling for years to find a open sight set up for Western muzzleloader draw hunts. I have been looking for something I could consistently and accurately shoot out to at least 200 yrds. Ithink I have found the solution. The Revic sight from Gunwerks is exactly what I've been looking for. The rear sight mounts to a pic rail (I upgraded my factory rail to one Mark Woodman makes) the front sight fits perfectly on the barrel. I use a collapsible ram rod so I had the holder on the barrel removed. The bottom screws in the sight fit perfectly in the hole to center the front sight. The rear adjustable sight workd just like a turret on a scope. It is set up in MOA. Very easy to set up and use. The front sight comes with several options for aiming points(anything from a post to rings). It's a little pricey...however for me to shoot accurately and be able to draw those special muzzleloader tags it's worth every penny. I'm hitting 8 inch steel plates at 200 yrds. every shot. I'm even able to consistently hit a 10 inch plate at 300 yrds. This for me is gamechanger for an open sight muzzleloader. I hope this helps someone trying to extend there range with open sights. The best thing is there is no guessed or holdover. Dial and shoot like with a scope. Again I hope this information helps someone.

Attachments

• IMG020240420_175552.jpeg
    IMG020240420_175552.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I've been struggling for years to find a open sight set up for Western muzzleloader draw hunts. I have been looking for something I could consistently and accurately shoot out to at least 200 yrds. Ithink I have found the solution. The Revic sight from Gunwerks is exactly what I've been looking for. The rear sight mounts to a pic rail (I upgraded my factory rail to one Mark Woodman makes) the front sight fits perfectly on the barrel. I use a collapsible ram rod so I had the holder on the barrel removed. The bottom screws in the sight fit perfectly in the hole to center the front sight. The rear adjustable sight workd just like a turret on a scope. It is set up in MOA. Very easy to set up and use. The front sight comes with several options for aiming points(anything from a post to rings). It's a little pricey...however for me to shoot accurately and be able to draw those special muzzleloader tags it's worth every penny. I'm hitting 8 inch steel plates at 200 yrds. every shot. I'm even able to consistently hit a 10 inch plate at 300 yrds. This for me is gamechanger for an open sight muzzleloader. I hope this helps someone trying to extend there range with open sights. The best thing is there is no guessed or holdover. Dial and shoot like with a scope. Again I hope this information helps someone.
WOW! Thats just awesome. Super cool that you are getting to go on those kind of hunts. Now you'll have one hellova nice set-up to go.
PICS???
Hitting steel like that at 200 & 300yds. Very nice. Damn good shooting.
I think the Omega makes the perfect gun for that kind of hunting too.

I saw the turret sight about a month ago and almost decided to completely change my set up to go with that for my omega. If you don't mind me asking, what loads are you shooting?

Some guys are shooting 4 and 500 yrds. My eyes aren't good enough. If you are spending a ton of money and vacation time to travel out west for a muzzleloader hunt the cost of the sight isn't that bad. Especially if you can shot a couple hundred yards accurately and consistently. If you think about it. It's have the price of a good scope. It's definitely worth it to me to be able to hunt Elk, Ibex , and Muledeer on special draw hunts.

Cool set up. Yeah, my eyes aren’t good enough to take full advantage either. Maybe 20 years ago. Hopefully someone else will bring some competition to the dial-up peep market. For now, a Williams peep and front globe gives me everything I need for those western states in which I draw great tags.

For anyone interested, here is a link for the Revic

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1026767144?pid=215328

Latest posts

Back