Omega I bought from Patrick was officially bloodied this AM

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smong2000

Reaction score
Well my time was running out for more venison this year so I decided to fill my doe tag if the option presented. At about 9:00 two decent sized does walked right into me and spooked away. I watched them run about 100 yds then slow down and start walking down through the hardwoods. The shot was easily 150 yds down some ledges and stuff, no rangefinder and I couldn't pace it off. I held just over her back, steadied on a tree and let it go. When the smoke cleared, there was no sign of the deer and I kicked my self for taking such a long poke. I waited for 10 mins and reloaded for the shot follow-up. It was snowing really hard so I figured I better go check it out before any sign was covered. I was thrilled when I saw hair and blood on the track. The 250 Spitfire entered low behind the last rib and exited forward of the off shoulder. She made it about 75 yds and was piled up at the bottom of another ledge. The drag was 1/2 mile downhill in a foot of snow - perfect. The deer dressed out at 99lbs and will be excellent table fare. :D I love ML hunting and shooting :D :lol: :)

Awsome shot :yeah: Thats what I like to here about quick clean harvest

CONGRATS Great Doe

RON G.

Way to go! Sounds like you used a little "Tennessee elevation" there :lol:

Good eats!

Congratulations, its better to be lucky than good. Since you know you can 'Kill" that at 150 yards a "dot" scope may be in your future. Was your Doe the first Deer that rifle has killed???

Chocdog

Thanks everybody

Thanks for the congrats. I think Patrick said that he shot a deer with it too.
You guys saw the 1st amazing groups I posted from the rifle. I shot a target at 200 yds a few weeks ago, 11 inches low and 1.5 inches for 3 holes off the bench so there was never a question about the rifle -it shoots tighter than my centerfire brush gun (Rem 742). Lucky part was that I stopped shivering long enough to squeeze. I have a 3-12 Cabelas Alaskan Guide scope on it but no dots. It's an orphan scope that i keep switching around because it's not too good optically. I'm thinking about the Nikon Omega for next season, but that means i'll need a rangefinder to go with it. We don't typically see that far in the woods around these parts but this season I've shot both my deer way out there in the open hardwoods walking away from me.
Deer seasons are over now :cry: and I'm looking forward to my weekly range visits as soon as the weather cooperates.
Wish I could have everyone over for some straps, sausage and sweet potatoes. This is a great community :D

Re: Thanks everybody

smong2000 said:
I think Patrick said that he shot a deer with it too.

3 actually. One at 25 yards, one at 50 yards, and one at 201 yards. I spent time shooting at 200 to be sure I could do it prior to the season.

Back