Omega vs Omega 5 vs Omega X7

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigCat7

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the difference between these guns are? I'm looking at picking up one and with a SS barrel there is about a $150 difference between them? To me they appear mainly the same

The standard Omega is the well built better stock, better open sights, model as compared to the Z5. The Omega Z5 has the same barrel, trigger, but has cheaper sights, cheaper stock, and I am not positive, but I think there was something with the breech plug. Now the Omega X7 is the same well built Omega but the barrel is two inches shorter.

All of them are going to shoot good. BUT if I had long distance to shoot it would be the Standard Omega with a stainless steel barrel. If I was one that had to walk a lot in the woods, up and down hills, and through tight places, then it would be the Omega X7. If I just wanted to sit in a blind and shoot deer out to 100 yards then it would be the Z5. All of them I am sure will work for you.

Good luck in your choice. Have you looked at the Triumph or the Knight Rolling Block? There, that should confuse you.. :D

I have the x7 an the z5 omegas..........first off the barrel is a couple inches than standard also 1lb lighter..... an excellent shooter though.the only downside to the x7 i can really find is in the stock itself because there is no cut checkering in it an sometimes the stock feels pretty slippery.the z5 on the other hand is the 1 i perfer for shots out to 150 yards.......maybe more but i am really comfortable at that range.but any omega should be really good shooters......keep us posted on what you decide.BY THE WAY WELCOME TO THE FORUM.THERE IS A WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE HERE.

?Did i get a decent deal?

I ended up picking up a model 8929 at Sportsman's Wharehouse and not exactly sure what I got. Its listed as follows on the T/C site towards the bottom
http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/specialModels.php

What does it mean that its a 209X50? Also is this less of a gun than the regular Omega. Its marked as a Z5 on the manual. The other SS's they looked the same so I just chose the cheapest. The other ones were camo so I figured that was the only difference. I paid $350 for it by the way

Re: ?Did i get a decent deal?

BigCat7 said:
I ended up picking up a model 8929 at Sportsman's Wharehouse and not exactly sure what I got. Its listed as follows on the T/C site towards the bottom

What does it mean that its a 209X50? Also is this less of a gun than the regular Omega. Its marked as a Z5 on the manual. The other SS's they looked the same so I just chose the cheapest. The other ones were camo so I figured that was the only difference. I paid $350 for it by the way

That 8929 is a stainless steel standard Omega. That is not a Z5. The 209 tells you it operates or the ignition system is a 209 primer. The 50 is of course the caliber. If it were a .45 caliber it would have been 209X45. IMO that is a beautiful rifle. That would be the one I would have picked out. Very nice. I am sure it will be a great shooter.

Re: ?Did i get a decent deal?

BigCat7 said:

Nice gun! I wish the sportsman's here had that one. You got a great price too. I just bought a 8893 Z5 for $300. I would have spent the extra $50 for that gun.

Back