Omega Differences

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is the z5, some mistakenly call it the x5. It’s the budget version, imho. I think it only came in.50. The x7 has the triangle(?) barrel, and i believe it came with a brown laminate stock, not certain if caliber options, i think just the.50. The "original” Omega is the one i always look for. It just says Omega and could come in a variety of stocks, thumbhole, grey laminate or synthetic. Stainless, blued or camo. .45 came sst or blue. .50 may have been the only camo version. Also the originals came straight or fluted barrels.

Last edited:
There was also a blued version of the X7 only available from Cabela's. Had one and sold it after having the rear lug tig welded and the barrel cerakoted.
The bluing was very thin from the factory. I always thought that as the budget X7.
Btw, the barrel was a short (24") tapered and fluted. There were two separate stocks available. The brown laminate, and a multicolor laminate that included some red in it. Stocks were specific to the X7 barrels due to the tapering.

It seem to me like the trigger guard and some internal parts were made a little cheaper on the z5, they just didn’t ‘feel’ the same to me, as the older Omegas.
Don't forget the desired 1-20 twist 45 version.
I have one of those. Barrel was pretty rough near the muzzle so i removed a few inches and it still a great shooter just with a 21” carbine length barrel now.

Back