Omega vs Triumph

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigCat7

Reaction score
I am new to ML and was curious of what the major differences are between these 2 guns. The Triumph are only slighly more compared to a SS Omega, but not sure how good the Weathershield is and even if its applies inside the barrel to combat powder corrosion.

Buy the T/C Triumpth. The weather shield coating is on the outside of the barrel and is a "Stainless cerakote". We will see this coating on more T/C guns in the future as it is completely rust and stain resistant.

The barrel of the Triumpth is blue and with the coating added it far exceeds 416R stainless. T/C likely in the future will manufacture chrome moly barrels and recievers and have them coated in weather shield providing us with a 100% weather resistant rifle. Chrome Moly barrel bar stock cost much less than stainless 416R.

The weather shield coating is "applied" by Doug Bouche in Kansas who also makes the "Ultra Bore Coat" kits. Doug coats about 450 barrels at a time for T/C. There will also be a "blue finish" weather shield in the future.

With the weathershield and other features of the T/C Triumpth the rifle is a "no brainer" to buy. Hurry.

IMO the "omega" rifle will be discontinued..eventually.

Chocdog

I picked up a T/C Triumph a few weeks ago, (Black composite stock w/weather shield coating on the barrel). It is also my first M/L ever, and love it :D Took it to the range and put it to work last week-end. Super nice gun.. The break open stock makes putting on the 209 primer nice and easy, especially with the scope on. Cleaning up after was a snap since the breach plug comes out real easy. Everything is easy access..
Good Luck in your quest.

Was in the same situation several months ago and I purchased my first inline ML after debating between the Omega and Triumph. Both are really nice ML but I ended up choosing the Triumph. ( Easy to load, easy to shoot and easy to clean ). Right now I am shooting 250gr Shockwaves and 100gr of 777 (pellets) and it shoots great and is a breeze to clean afterwards.

Triumph004-1.jpg

Triumph011.jpg

Triumph007.jpg

Back