Omega with 350gr FPB

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Did 3 shots today at 100 yards with the new 350gr Hornady FPB and wasnt impressed at all with the groups, Nor were i impressed with how much effort it takes to load them on a fouled bore. Im not sure if the base of the bullets are inconsistent or what but it took a good deal of grunting to get them down on a fouled bore.
Groups were not good.

100gr RS, Rem Kleanbore primer.
Finger points to where i was aiming. First shot is to the right of the heart, second is way up high and the third shot was under the first but low. Shots 1 and 3 measured 4 1/2"
Picture50634.jpg

You might just have to break down and swab between shots to get accuracy with that bullet in that gun. Or do like I did and try BH 209. I have fired as many as 15 shots without swabbing in my Omega with great accuracy. It was slightly harder to load with a fouled barrel, but I have one of the aftermarket ramrods with an end that flexes into a "T" handle, so it makes it easier.

WOW!! Maybe your rifle does not like them. It happens.

I only had 5 and i sent 2 of them to the testing bucket at 50, the other 3 ( 2recoverd from 100) also were tests so i did not have enough to try a new primer with.

Got some 250gr Saber tooth bullets to try out and see how those do. Just hate them darn things after what they did to me! :lol:

send me $20 I send ya a whole pack.

those things are more then the powerbelt I am planning on using

I more than likely wont bother with any more Corey. I dont like the way they loaded with a fouled bore. It was still fun to try them out and check them out in person.

Considering the possibility that they were designed for BH that does not surprise me to much, might work better if you swab between shots. Lee

I have not shoot them at 100yrds yet. but my knight usak with #11 ignition using triple 7 seems to be liking them.

Latest posts

Back