Opinions please

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
First a little background. Last summer I tried a little experiment. I had 3/4 of a lb of 4227 and want to dispose of it. I bought some 200 gr SW's and blue 40/50 MMP sabots. It wasn't my intention to come up with a new hunting load, it was just a way of disposing of the 4227(I hate to throw things away :D). Needless to say, it was a dismal failure with lots of misfires. Heck, they were almost all misfires.
Now for your opinion. I still have most of the SW's and blue sabots. Do you think I run the risk of misfires if I try to touch it off with 4759. I have some MMP sub bases, do you think they would help. Again I'm not trying to come up with a new hunting load, just trying to use up supplies instead of throwing it away.

RAF said:
First a little background. Last summer I tried a little experiment. I had 3/4 of a lb of 4227 and want to dispose of it. I bought some 200 gr SW's and blue 40/50 MMP sabots. It wasn't my intention to come up with a new hunting load, it was just a way of disposing of the 4227(I hate to throw things away :D). Needless to say, it was a dismal failure with lots of misfires. Heck, they were almost all misfires.
Now for your opinion. I still have most of the SW's and blue sabots. Do you think I run the risk of misfires if I try to touch it off with 4759. I have some MMP sub bases, do you think they would help. Again I'm not trying to come up with a new hunting load, just trying to use up supplies instead of throwing it away.

You won't have any problems with the 4759.

Back