Opinions?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lsrpm

Reaction score
I am new to the Muzzleloading community. Looking to get into it. My first inclination was the Savage 10ML but I am seriously considering just getting a T/C Omega Z5 and putting that "Omega" scope on it. SIR Mailorder says they are called "Omega" that when mated to th Z5 with 250 grain sabotted, in front of 3 50 gr pellets of Pyrodex, you can sight in the scope dead on at 100 yards, and the scope has range marks for 150, 200, 225, and 250

Sounds good. Is it too good? Thoughts? Opinions on this?

I have a good deal of experience with modern firearms, next to none with MLs. I do know that I have to do my part to achieve real accuracy

Seems to me that the range marks will work, if your shooting at the same velocity as who every decided where the range marks should go. 100 FPS either way should make a difference. Before I would trust them, I would test them all at the range with your load.

P.S. Buy the Savage :wink:

I own a Savage so I may be biased, but then again I own a TC.
I like the MLII because I can use smokeless powder which is alot easier to clean and a cheaper powder to shoot. Not every State permits smokelss, but the MLII will shoot blackpowder, pyrodex or its brethern and smokeless so you have a choice.

Latest posts

Back