Ordering a new Great Plains

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hylander

Reaction score
50 Cal. Lyman Great Plains Rifle.
Was going to order direct from Lyman, but they are out and don't know when they will recieve more.
So I plan to order from Hinterland Outfitters.
Has anyone have nay experience with them?
Best price I have found ($524 delivered) and reviews are good and they are A+ BBB rated

never heard of them. Ive been going to www.muzzle-loaders.com lately due to the shipping prices and the fact that their prices have always been fair.

FrontierGander said:
never heard of them. Ive been going to www.muzzle-loaders.com lately due to the shipping prices and the fact that their prices have always been fair.
I was going to order from them, but they are out of stock.
Also Midsouth is out.
All the others that have stock are much higher priced.

oh wow that is surprising!

well, you should be happy with your gun either way. I have my friends 54 GPR over here right now, going to bed the tang and change out the rear sight on it.

I have a GPR caplock in .54. It's very accurate and my go-to patched roundball gun for whitetail

I have had a replacement GPR for a defective gun back ordered from Lyman since August, they just shipped it on Thursday so they must have gotten their shipment from Investarms.
That's a good price and you will be covered by your credit card if any problems should arise in the transaction. Once you have your gun Lyman handles any warranty issues and their customer service in outstanding. You will be happy with the GPR, it's a great gun.

Vincem said:
Once you have your gun Lyman handles any warranty issues and their customer service in outstanding. You will be happy with the GPR, it's a great gun.

I beg to differ. I had reloading dies where the sizing die was way off as far as reduction goes. I wrote them twice. They ignored both emails. I called them and got the run-around.
My experience confirmed that I would never buy another Lyman product. :thumb down:

patocazador said:
Vincem said:
Once you have your gun Lyman handles any warranty issues and their customer service in outstanding. You will be happy with the GPR, it's a great gun.

I beg to differ. I had reloading dies where the sizing die was way off as far as reduction goes. I wrote them twice. They ignored both emails. I called them and got the run-around.
My experience confirmed that I would never buy another Lyman product. :thumb down:
Sorry to hear of your bad experience with Lyman. I have had excellent personal experience with their lifetime warranty on their products and professionalism. They just replaced a gun that I bought used because the touch hole/pan alignment was off. Service above and beyond in my opinion. Maybe I just got lucky.

Vincem said:
I have had a replacement GPR for a defective gun back ordered from Lyman since August, they just shipped it on Thursday so they must have gotten their shipment from Investarms.
That's a good price and you will be covered by your credit card if any problems should arise in the transaction. Once you have your gun Lyman handles any warranty issues and their customer service in outstanding. You will be happy with the GPR, it's a great gun.
Yes, they said received 7 rifles and the where already allocated.
They said it would be about another 8 weeks before they receive anymore.
They do have lots of kits in stock.

Well, 
For better or for worse, I just placed the order with Hinterland Outfitters.
I called first and verified it was in stock.
Fingers crossed.

Well that was fast.
It has already shipped, UPS ..
Scheduled delivery is Friday.
Weird thing though, company's address is Huston Texas and it shipped from Louisiana  :shock:

Latest posts

Back